I have scanned a bunch of image of our years abroad, but this one is just after we were evacuated from Tehran in 1978. My middle child's birthday is January 27 so this is his 7th birthday in my childhood home. My mother still lived there but it was during this time of my return with 3 children and 2 (very unwanted by her!) Siamese cats that she started planning a move to a larger house that would fit me and my family if the situation arose again. It was a godsend when I was divorced.
I suspect he was wearing his school uniform though the patterned shirt is surprising. His sister, in a nightgown, was still a bit in the dark about birthday presents - for just one child! How about that vintage tv. I'm also wondering what that big package is behind him. Kind of looks like a rolled up rug or perhaps this is the year he got the drum set. Maybe he'll have a memory sparked by seeing this. You never know!
- ► 2017 (86)
- ► 2016 (206)
- Five on Friday: January 30, 2015
- TBT: A Birthday to Remember
- Wordless Wednesday: January 28, 2015
- Travel With Me Tuesday: A Much Better Day or Two ...
- AAM Monday: Feeling The Grief
- Where's Wald...no...Where's Maureen?
- AAM Monday: An Advantage to Age
- Five on Friday: January 16, 2015
- TBT : 2006 Canning Camp Food
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Up to Switzerland - Fail
- AAM Monday: January 12, 2015
- Five on Friday: January 9, 2015
- Throwback Thursday: How Sweet It Was
- Wordless Wednesday January 7, 2015: Brick Lane, L...
- Travel With Me Tuesday: We Drive to the Med
- AAM Monday: Getting Back in the Groove
- Five on Friday: January 2, 2015
- Hello 2015!
- ▼ January (18)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
I tried to upload a video but ran into some glitches with Blogger so... this will have to do!
A lot of this week's photos concentrate on a trip we took to Baltimore. We have always donated used books to various sites but thi...
All about me, and some recent movies. Usually I don't have a great deal of interest in the Oscars, and find that many of the movies do...
Wrapping up April even tho there are some days left. I will be busily engaged this last week so this is coming a bit early. WATCHED: Change...
I often wonder how we really did live our lives before the net, and like a couple of jokers, I wish Al Gore had invented it sooner! One of ...
original by tsevis
Back home after a week dog sitting, it''s so nice to be home. Steely Dan and some nice visuals to go along side.
We went down south to North Carolina so there were 4 pages for this week. I often try to keep even these BIG weeks to a 2 pager but not this...
Click here to see more about straightening your wayward cushions from the clever one at Thistlewood Farm