Friday, January 16, 2015

Five on Friday: January 16, 2015

Not a lot going on this week or even a lot of thoughts in my head. Winter time brain perhaps, but it does feel just right. Then again, the brain cells may be diminishing...

1. This quote of Maya Angelou just about sums up a big life lesson. I believe this was a Pinterest find but then again it could have been a zillion other places.
Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.
2.  Today is the first day of actually taking some of my not-needed stuff to those who can use it. Boy, it's a darn slow process I find. But baby steps, baby steps.

3. Yesterday my dh went to an Indian restaurant and once again offered to bring me home food. I asked for two vegetarian entrees so I'm set for about a week now! Palak paneer (spinach with cheese cubes), with lots of paneer, and baigan bharta (yummy roasted eggplant).

4. This week our local hospital, AAMC , sponsored a breakfast with a nutritionist. I had heard her last year and pretty much know all that she talked about and suggested. I don't eat fast food, I don't drink alcohol or any kind of soda, we don't salt our food and I've done portion control for quite a few years. The time in the hospital and knee rehab just about cured me of snacking between meals. MOST of my snacking was good - almonds - but I do like some candy now and then. I also know that Now leads to a lot more Nows. Damn...sugar can be so addictive! 


But our breakfast was good. I had picked the yoghurt because I eat oatmeal at home so often but I switched with a friend who had picked the oatmeal and really didn't want it. Good thing I brought my own tea because there was only coffee. But thank you Starbucks none the less for donating this food.

5. He's in the mood to plan vacations for this year. Sigh. I know that's not a real problem but I like to just enjoy the winter and let the time pass gently. Can you tell I'm married to a long range planner? However, a friend let me know about a REAL bargain for those of us over 62.  I'm going to take advantage of that travel experience next week. Wheeee!!


Have a wonderful weekend and do enjoy yourself some way some how. Life is too short to not enjoy it.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts