Friday, December 12, 2014

Five on Friday: December 12, 2014

There is a bit of Christmas showing round our house. Not a lot but enough to make it feel a bit festive. We have our skinny old kitchen tree and one band of lights do not work.  But hey, it's a tree and it's up and the cookie cutters are on it so...

Now it's time to get rid of the clutter on the dining room table. Some stuff goes to charity and some stuff goes back upstairs until the reverse decoration process starts.

1. Speaking of that tree, my dh usually is not very enthused about a tree at all. However before my surgery (Nov 11) he asked if he should bring the tree up then! Uh no....and I wasn't even sure I really cared if one went up at all.  Now he believes the tree should have 'more color' meaning MORE real ornaments.  I am not enthused.



2. I am trying to figure out how to back up one folder on an EHD  with my Time Machine. Usually my dh knows some of these odd things but this time he just can't understand why I don't just back up the whole EHD with Time Machine. Mainly because my Time Machine is a 2T and the folder in question is on a 3T. 

3. So far there has been no baking chez moi. I feel a bit obliged to bake something but I am just as happy to miss those calories. Bake something and not eat it? That's not quite in my realm of doable just yet. Maybe these since I don't care for peppermint. Well I tolerate it. Oh who am I kidding. I'd scarf one or two or..

recipe here


4. We got a sweet note from one of the granddaughters. It was addressed as from Mommy and Me but inside the paper was folded into a small square to let me know she was sending me a present.  I suppose she wanted to be sure no one else read it! LOL

5. Fleece! ok, Polartec fleece. I have had a great time getting a couple of vests and pullovers with the daily sales at Lands End.  Now I'd be happy with just one more pair of warm sweats or fleece pants to get me through February.  Moving less than normal still makes me feel the cold more.

Well, that's all from me today. Going out for a bit with a friend and then a German dinner tonight! Hope your weekend is full of good things and that the necessary things get done easily. Ciao!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts