So much of my life recently has been concerned with the upcoming surgery. It's amazing what a time suck that has been but I do go to be tired and sleep well. Good thing since the hospital is no place for sleeping!
1. 30 Days of Grateful - I'm doing this project and enjoying it a lot. Here's yesterday's page.
2. They said at the hospital, when dh (my coach for the 3 days in hospital) had a "Joint Camp "Class, that people often don't feel like eating much the days after surgery. Apparently one woman lost 30 lb! I suspect that included the total of 8 weeks recovery time, but in any case I'd love for that to happen!
3. Yesterday, we had a day of rain, sunny, fog roll in, and a good rain storm. I was continuously adjusting my layers of clothing. But that's what layers are for, I guess. Not just fashion. This was just before the rain storm.
4. This weekend will be packing time for me. One batch for the hospital stay which won't include much more than the basics, and then a suitcase for rehab. Rehab is the time that I have hopes of using the laptop. Hospital time? more likely free time will be nap time, in'shallah.
5. DH has been given Laundry 101 lessons. He's going to be ok with the washer and dryer, though one time he was about to start the load without adding detergent. Actually, I think with most of our stuff, just the water would do but.... What is going to be difficult for him is putting my clothes away. He said I have so many rules! I think it's that women have more categories of clothing.
That's all for now folks! Most likely I will be off doing medical things for the next two weeks. We'll see! But in any case, I hope you will have a marvelous weekend and time to be grateful for the many wonderful good things in your life. Try a gratitude list! It really works.
- ► 2016 (206)
- ► 2015 (209)
- Five on Friday: November 28, 2014
- Until I'm Back
- 30 Days of Thankful CatchUP
- 30 Days of Thankful: Day 8
- Five on Friday: November 7, 2014
- TBT: Two Brothers 70 Years Ago
- 30 Days of Thankful: Day 5
- Wordless Wednesday: November 5, 2014
- 30 Days of Thankful: Day 4
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Day 2 in Torino
- 30 Days of Thankful: Day 3
- AAM Monday: WITL Monday
- 30 Days of Thankful - Day 2
- 30 Days of Thankful - Day 1
- ▼ November (14)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
Ten years ago I went into Washington DC to the Vietnam Memorial. It was a horribly hot and humid day, so much like the weather in South East...
I saw this photo of my daughter and two of her daughters on Facebook and really liked it. You never know what you'll find there. I saw a...
Click here to see more about straightening your wayward cushions from the clever one at Thistlewood Farm
I often wonder how we really did live our lives before the net, and like a couple of jokers, I wish Al Gore had invented it sooner! One of ...
Wrapping up April even tho there are some days left. I will be busily engaged this last week so this is coming a bit early. WATCHED: Change...
I got myself on a roll last week and got caught up. Well not including week 21 and this being week 22. I could have done 21 yesterday but i...
What can I say? I just couldn't find one that was easily added. But I'll try, I'll try and maybe there will be one next week o...
Another week done, the week of the USNA graduation which to those of us who live here really means the stunning Blue Angels flying over our...