Once in a while, I'll see a scrapbook challenge that appeals to me and then I promptly forget about it. You know how it is, it's not something you plan to do immediately especially if it interrupts things like eating breakfast or doing laundry or seeing the doctor. Actually, I can do laundry while doing most any thing as the machines are just outside my studio and I can plunk the clothes in and get on with my life. If you have a chance to have your laundry area near your main daily workspace, go for it. But I have digressed.
When I initially saw that challenge, I knew the song would be one of the Talking Heads best but one that I always have to check on the name. Water flowing underground is what always comes back to me but it's really "Once in a Lifetime". There was something about this song that always touched me deeply and made me very conscious of the endless flowing of life beneath the surface of what we see as our lives. It usually brought me to tears. It was just one of those songs. David Byrne was like nothing I had ever experienced especially after spending the prior twenty years outside the US.
Remember kids, this was the 80s.
And the days go by...same as it ever was.
If you want to see the original video, Bryne at his most eclectic best, here it is on YouTube.
- ► 2016 (206)
- ► 2015 (209)
- TBT: Children, Tilt Your Heads -1970s
- Week In the Life 2014 - Sunday
- AAM Monday: I'll Take That As a Theme Song!
- Five On Friday; October 24, 2014
- TBT: Kitchen Staff is Hard to Keep
- Wordless Wednesday: I'd Buy This!
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Day 1 in Torino
- AAM Monday These Days I'm Making - Matzo Ball Soup...
- Five on Friday: October 17, 2014
- TBT - I Avoid Another Cactus Lesson
- Wordless Wednesday; October 15, 2014
- Travel With Me Tuesday - Malpensa to Torino
- AAM Monday : The Knee Saga Starts
- Five on Friday: October 10 not 3, 2014
- TBT: Back to 1988
- Yikes, It Seems to Be Going Around
- Connected Again!
- TBT: College Days in the 90s
- Wordless Wednesday: October 1, 2014
- ▼ October (19)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
Ten years ago I went into Washington DC to the Vietnam Memorial. It was a horribly hot and humid day, so much like the weather in South East...
I saw this photo of my daughter and two of her daughters on Facebook and really liked it. You never know what you'll find there. I saw a...
Click here to see more about straightening your wayward cushions from the clever one at Thistlewood Farm
Wrapping up April even tho there are some days left. I will be busily engaged this last week so this is coming a bit early. WATCHED: Change...
I often wonder how we really did live our lives before the net, and like a couple of jokers, I wish Al Gore had invented it sooner! One of ...
I got myself on a roll last week and got caught up. Well not including week 21 and this being week 22. I could have done 21 yesterday but i...
What can I say? I just couldn't find one that was easily added. But I'll try, I'll try and maybe there will be one next week o...
Another week done, the week of the USNA graduation which to those of us who live here really means the stunning Blue Angels flying over our...