Monday, October 27, 2014

AAM Monday: I'll Take That As a Theme Song!

Once in a while, I'll see a scrapbook challenge that appeals to me and then I promptly forget about it.  You know how it is, it's not something you plan to do immediately especially if it interrupts things like eating breakfast or doing laundry or seeing the doctor.  Actually, I can do laundry while doing most any thing as the machines are just outside my studio and I can plunk the clothes in and get on with my life.  If you have a chance to have your laundry area near your main daily workspace, go for it. But I have digressed.

When I initially saw that challenge, I knew the song would be one of the Talking Heads best but one that I always have to check on the name. Water flowing underground is what always comes back to me but it's really "Once in a Lifetime". There was something about this song that always touched me deeply and made me very conscious of the endless flowing of life beneath the surface of what we see as our lives. It usually brought me to tears. It was just one of those songs. David Byrne was like nothing I had ever experienced especially after spending the prior twenty years outside the US.

Remember kids, this was the 80s.




And the days go by...same as it ever was.

If you want to see the original video, Bryne at his most eclectic best,  here it is on YouTube.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts