Last weekend saw us down south for a quick trip to see a grandson at USC Columbia and then spend a few days at Myrtle Beach, hear a Marriott presentation and collect 100K reward points for our time. Getting mucho reward points makes me happy as my time is something I'm willing to spend these days.
1. My dh apparently caught a problem knee from me. We now look like two gimpy geezers. At least these two geezers are still above ground.
2. The time has definitely come to switch the house decorations. Pumpkins rule.
Yes, that is the first Pumpkin Spice Latte of the season. I've since made myself a few more at home with just Pumpkin Pie Spice in my coffee grounds. Works for me.
3. I've had my fill of the evangelical signs that are on almost every lawn in parts of SC. It brought back memories of a woman I worked with back in my 20s. A co-worker always raved about how wonderful her husband was. Daily. The older woman said that when you had to gush so much about how good something was it seemed like what you were really trying to do was convince yourself. Amen.
4. What I also had my share of, well probably more than my share of, was shrimp and grits. The best ones were at Mr. Fish in Myrtle Beach. An appetizer portion that was two servings for me.
5. Sadly, it appears that the wonderful cool and dry weather we had for our days away has put an end to my herbs. Nearly. One of my basil plants didn't get the word though and is sending out flowers and new leaves. That's optimism! That is also the wind blowing that fragile bit of hope as we finally got rain.
I hope you have a great weekend ahead. I hope Mr. and Mrs. Limp can get themselves to a Middle Eastern festival at a nearby Church. Good food can certainly save this soul way more than lawn signs.
- ► 2018 (68)
- ► 2017 (147)
- ► 2016 (206)
- ► 2015 (209)
- It was Just One of Those Days
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 33 & 34
- Five on Friday: September 26, 2014
- TBT - A WWII Story of 2 and 3 Brothers
- Wordless Wednesday: When AutoFill Scares Me
- Tuesday Tutorial: Using Lightroom Templates for Sc...
- 5 Autumn or Halloween Ideas That I Could Make
- Five on Friday: September 19, 2014
- TBT Back in the 80s
- Wordless Wednesday: Kitchen Nightmare
- Travel With Them Tuesday: Off to Alaska
- AAM Monday: Project Life and All That Jazz
- Scrapping Blog Tour
- TBT: The Original Cat Eye Frames 1973
- Wordless Wednesday: September 10, 2014
- Tuesday Tutorial : Word Art Stickers
- AAM Monday: Back to My Project Life
- Five on Friday: September 5, 2014
- Wordless Wednesday: September 3 2014
- It's My Birthday - Hello 70!
- AAM Monday: Shrub but Not Bush
- ▼ September (21)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (340)
I have my books noted on line but I realized I tend to forget what it is I watched on tv. Most days, I am on my computer a lot but do take t...
I was taking a bit of a blog break recently with lots of visiting with family and friends. So a couple of weeks of Project Life here. Hope y...
fron On Sutton Place
SEPTEMBER 11, 2001 "They landed with such force, according to an eyewitness who was watching along with New York's mayor, Rud...
Don't ask me where the time has gone. I feel like I've been in a bit of a fog lately no doubt by the World Cup but then also by the ...
Week sixteen started out as a chilly rainy Sunday but one that was fun. The rest of my week involved time at the Washington Retreat Cen...
A week that involved a lot of visiting to and fro. It became a busy week with not so much else going on but isn't that a typical sum...
as seen on this Instagram account
So even though the policy is rescinded, I still ask WWJD with so many of 45's policies. Seriously? Pence? This is the spirit of ...
This is not quite a tutorial today, but rather a where-to-find. I believe I had this screensaver on a former computer. However, having h...