Friday, September 26, 2014

Five on Friday: September 26, 2014

Last weekend saw us down south for a quick trip to see a grandson at USC Columbia and then spend a few days at Myrtle Beach, hear a Marriott presentation and collect 100K reward points for our time. Getting mucho reward points makes me happy as my time is something I'm willing to spend these days.

1.  My dh apparently caught a problem knee from me.  We now look like two gimpy geezers.  At least these two geezers are still above ground.

2. The time has definitely come to switch the house decorations. Pumpkins rule.


Yes, that is the first Pumpkin Spice Latte of the season. I've since made myself a few more at home with just Pumpkin Pie Spice in my coffee grounds. Works for me.

3.  I've had my fill of the evangelical signs that are on almost every lawn in parts of SC.  It brought back memories of a woman I worked with back in my 20s. A co-worker always raved about how wonderful her husband was. Daily. The older woman said that when you had to gush so much about how good something was it seemed like what you were really trying to do was convince yourself. Amen.

4. What I also had my share of, well probably more than my share of, was shrimp and grits. The best ones were at Mr. Fish in Myrtle Beach. An appetizer portion that was two servings for me.


5.  Sadly, it appears that the wonderful cool and dry weather we had for our days away has put an end to my herbs. Nearly.  One of my basil plants didn't get the word though and is sending out flowers and new leaves.  That's optimism! That is also the wind blowing that fragile bit of hope as we finally got rain.




I hope you have a great weekend ahead. I hope Mr. and Mrs. Limp can get themselves to a Middle Eastern festival at a nearby Church.  Good food can certainly save this soul way more than lawn signs.

1 comment:

Photocat said...

Wonderfully written Maureen.... I discovered spice latte chai as well..., life must be orange now and then!

Blog Archive

Popular Posts