Thursday, August 14, 2014

TBT: San Angelo TX 1967

Long ago I was newly married and living in San Angelo Texas. It was truly a culture shock for this East Coast girl. I say girl despite the fact I was 22 and pregnant with my first child. I thought I knew it all but it's only in looking back that I see how unprepared I was for so much of my life.



But I was very happy to be having this baby, the morning sickness was now gone, and it was not too hot yet in San Angelo. I loved this dress that my mother had made me though I have no recollection of the particular day or who took the photo. I suspect it was our friend Carl who had driven down from Maryland with us. He and my husband were finishing up their time in the Air Force. 

Most days my husband wore his fatigues to work so this had to be a special day or just dressed for Sunday Mass. Yes, we dressed up back then. 1967 is a world away in more ways than time.

btw, that baby will be turning 47 later this month. I still love him dearly.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts