Thursday, August 28, 2014

TBT: 1976 Children in Pattaya

In addition to my daughter, my one of my sons is in this photo with a friend. Our life was such that we were able to rent a beach house in addition to our regular home in Bangkok. While the drive to Pattaya could be hectic and dangerous, the 5 of us plus our maid and her husband made this trek every month. My husband could sit back and let our maid's husband drive as he was skilled in driving and taking care of our Peugeot 504. It was a win-win situation for all of us.


Pattaya still had areas that were quiet and family oriented. It was also still a place where Thai families went. As much as I still love the beach, these years cured me of a desire to go to the beach in the summer. Hot and humid and I do not play well together. Furthermore, I still have various bits of skin damage from those days, the days before sunblock. We didn't know what we didn't know.



No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts