Lordalmighty, this is the last Friday in August. Now I'm not one to weep and gnash my teeth about the end of summer. I don't like hot. I don't like humid. I'm not going back to school or work, tyvm. However, it does remind me that a season is almost over. A season of my life. I've had a lot of seasons over the years, but it's taken me a lot of years to appreciate them. Summer 2014, you've been pretty darn good.
1. Couture clothing, designer duds. Not my style nor my price range. However, I do love what this company is doing and it makes me want to go on a road trip down south. Alabama Chanin.
2. Tomatoes. I haven't eaten enough this season nor have they ripened as early as they usually do. I hope that gives me a chance to pick up a big box of canning tomatoes this weekend. Have you canned stuff this year?
3. Don't you love it when you find words you've never seen and just fall in love with the uniqueness of them? Mine was 'chamfered corners" from an Apartment Therapy post. I'm not sure it's going to go into any of my conversations but again, you never know.
4. I am so so glad to see Ali Edwards' new site and to see that she is back to regular blog posts. That makes me so happy!
5.My most recent tv watch, mini binge, has been Happy Valley on Netflix. Don't worry about the title, Happy Valley has little happiness in it. Only 6 episodes, but the word is that it's been renewed. So, do we see that in late 2015 or 2016??? Whatever, I really enjoyed it.
Sarah Lancashire has been showing up in a lot of BBC productions, now that The North is the new South. Eeee by gum lad, t'weren't like that when I were up thar. But it's good to see images, gritty and bucolic, of my old home area. Took some time.
- ► 2017 (147)
- ► 2016 (206)
- ► 2015 (209)
- Five On Friday: August 29, 2014
- TBT: 1976 Children in Pattaya
- Wordless Wednesday: August 27, 2014
- Travel With Me Tuesday: The Torino Trip-A Snow Day...
- AAM Monday; PL Week 29
- Stories Matter
- Five on Friday: August 22, 2014
- TBT - My Boys in Britain 1972
- Wordless Wednesday: August 20, 2014
- Travel With Me Tuesday: The End Finally Cometh
- Mama's In School Today
- TBT: San Angelo TX 1967
- Wordless Wednesday: August 13, 2014
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Final Day in Lisbon
- AAM Monday: August 11, 2014
- ByE ByE FRIDAY: August 1, 2014
- ▼ August (16)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
What can I say? I just couldn't find one that was easily added. But I'll try, I'll try and maybe there will be one next week o...
SEPTEMBER 11, 2001 "They landed with such force, according to an eyewitness who was watching along with New York's mayor, Rud...
This was actually a dinner made on Thursday but as I will be at The Symphony this evening, I wrote this one ahead for you. You may consider...
Saw this over on Bits and Pieces and it got my day started with a smile. How The Day Sounds from Miky Wolf on Vimeo . Hope you like ho...
Miata? Historic tags?
My lad was out in Western MD for a few days, visiting friends and riding his bike. When he does this, he invariably comes home early and I g...
Kaija in Finlad has her own beautiful blog where she shares some of her amazing hand bound books. I cannot fathom doing such detailed and l...
The whole point of our trip to Charlottesville VA was to to to the Green Valley book fair up near Harrisonburg. We buy books for a boys...
but maybe I still should
original by tsevis