Lordalmighty, this is the last Friday in August. Now I'm not one to weep and gnash my teeth about the end of summer. I don't like hot. I don't like humid. I'm not going back to school or work, tyvm. However, it does remind me that a season is almost over. A season of my life. I've had a lot of seasons over the years, but it's taken me a lot of years to appreciate them. Summer 2014, you've been pretty darn good.
1. Couture clothing, designer duds. Not my style nor my price range. However, I do love what this company is doing and it makes me want to go on a road trip down south. Alabama Chanin.
2. Tomatoes. I haven't eaten enough this season nor have they ripened as early as they usually do. I hope that gives me a chance to pick up a big box of canning tomatoes this weekend. Have you canned stuff this year?
3. Don't you love it when you find words you've never seen and just fall in love with the uniqueness of them? Mine was 'chamfered corners" from an Apartment Therapy post. I'm not sure it's going to go into any of my conversations but again, you never know.
4. I am so so glad to see Ali Edwards' new site and to see that she is back to regular blog posts. That makes me so happy!
5.My most recent tv watch, mini binge, has been Happy Valley on Netflix. Don't worry about the title, Happy Valley has little happiness in it. Only 6 episodes, but the word is that it's been renewed. So, do we see that in late 2015 or 2016??? Whatever, I really enjoyed it.
Sarah Lancashire has been showing up in a lot of BBC productions, now that The North is the new South. Eeee by gum lad, t'weren't like that when I were up thar. But it's good to see images, gritty and bucolic, of my old home area. Took some time.
- ► 2016 (206)
- ► 2015 (209)
- Five On Friday: August 29, 2014
- TBT: 1976 Children in Pattaya
- Wordless Wednesday: August 27, 2014
- Travel With Me Tuesday: The Torino Trip-A Snow Day...
- AAM Monday; PL Week 29
- Stories Matter
- Five on Friday: August 22, 2014
- TBT - My Boys in Britain 1972
- Wordless Wednesday: August 20, 2014
- Travel With Me Tuesday: The End Finally Cometh
- Mama's In School Today
- TBT: San Angelo TX 1967
- Wordless Wednesday: August 13, 2014
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Final Day in Lisbon
- AAM Monday: August 11, 2014
- ByE ByE FRIDAY: August 1, 2014
- ▼ August (16)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
more than a thumbnail Originally uploaded by mudpig Wow...I've gotta get back to NYC. Cooler air, more energy to walk walk walk. Methi...
original by tsevis
What can I say? I just couldn't find one that was easily added. But I'll try, I'll try and maybe there will be one next week o...
Wrapping up April even tho there are some days left. I will be busily engaged this last week so this is coming a bit early. WATCHED: Change...
I often wonder how we really did live our lives before the net, and like a couple of jokers, I wish Al Gore had invented it sooner! One of ...
I saw the article on Matt in the weekend paper and I wonder why this wasn't suggested as a career choice back when "I" was in...
Back home after a week dog sitting, it''s so nice to be home. Steely Dan and some nice visuals to go along side.
Ah it was a weekend of hot humid days but then the temperature dropped so that the a/c wouldn't really kick in at night. At least we are...
All about me, and some recent movies. Usually I don't have a great deal of interest in the Oscars, and find that many of the movies do...
About Bekah... from Sharlah's friend The doctors told Sharlah today that Bekah's virus has progressed to pneumonia. She had a ver...