Lordalmighty, this is the last Friday in August. Now I'm not one to weep and gnash my teeth about the end of summer. I don't like hot. I don't like humid. I'm not going back to school or work, tyvm. However, it does remind me that a season is almost over. A season of my life. I've had a lot of seasons over the years, but it's taken me a lot of years to appreciate them. Summer 2014, you've been pretty darn good.
1. Couture clothing, designer duds. Not my style nor my price range. However, I do love what this company is doing and it makes me want to go on a road trip down south. Alabama Chanin.
2. Tomatoes. I haven't eaten enough this season nor have they ripened as early as they usually do. I hope that gives me a chance to pick up a big box of canning tomatoes this weekend. Have you canned stuff this year?
3. Don't you love it when you find words you've never seen and just fall in love with the uniqueness of them? Mine was 'chamfered corners" from an Apartment Therapy post. I'm not sure it's going to go into any of my conversations but again, you never know.
4. I am so so glad to see Ali Edwards' new site and to see that she is back to regular blog posts. That makes me so happy!
5.My most recent tv watch, mini binge, has been Happy Valley on Netflix. Don't worry about the title, Happy Valley has little happiness in it. Only 6 episodes, but the word is that it's been renewed. So, do we see that in late 2015 or 2016??? Whatever, I really enjoyed it.
Sarah Lancashire has been showing up in a lot of BBC productions, now that The North is the new South. Eeee by gum lad, t'weren't like that when I were up thar. But it's good to see images, gritty and bucolic, of my old home area. Took some time.
- ► 2016 (206)
- ► 2015 (209)
- Five On Friday: August 29, 2014
- TBT: 1976 Children in Pattaya
- Wordless Wednesday: August 27, 2014
- Travel With Me Tuesday: The Torino Trip-A Snow Day...
- AAM Monday; PL Week 29
- Stories Matter
- Five on Friday: August 22, 2014
- TBT - My Boys in Britain 1972
- Wordless Wednesday: August 20, 2014
- Travel With Me Tuesday: The End Finally Cometh
- Mama's In School Today
- TBT: San Angelo TX 1967
- Wordless Wednesday: August 13, 2014
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Final Day in Lisbon
- AAM Monday: August 11, 2014
- ByE ByE FRIDAY: August 1, 2014
- ▼ August (16)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
Our day started with a pickup by our driver and then later a switch to a shuttle bus to take us into York. We passed the train station an...
Once again, it was a Monday that was crazy with a trip to the Apple store to see if my iMac was ok. Yes, it was - big sigh of relief. App...
Back in 2011, I got a recipe from a woman on line and decided to make this baklava. None of it is very hard other than keeping the phyllo...
Harrogate Bus Station
Valentine's week but without red. I really liked this soft peachy color this week. We did have our normal lunch at the Severn Inn a...
I can't believe a week went by without another blog post. Where was I and what was I doing? Oh yes, cleaning up the wreckage left a...
eat more veggies
I wanted fish and chips the way it was in the old days. Ok, they no longer sell fish and chips wrapped in newspaper and the vinegar is...
Breast cancer....no, no, I don't have it but I have a mammogram scheduled for next month. Trust me, they are not that bad, and for the ...
Cleaned up the worktable pre trip. I love seeing the wood again! One bit remaining from punching a bunch of items to send on to little ...