Thursday, July 3, 2014

TBT Khartoum Sudan 1981

Long long ago we visited friends (former co-workers from Bangkok) while we were in Malawi and they were in the Sudan. It was an interesting visit to say the least. Amazing artifacts at the museum which had virtually no security, landing and taking off in the dark of the night because the runways melted in the daytime, my first and I hope last sandstorm. I'm glad I went and I'm glad I didn't spend two years there.

However, I met a German man, who was working in eastern Sudan,  on the flight from Khartoum to Zurich who wrote to me later asking me to marry him.  Besides already having a husband, I found that the idea of living in Hamburg Germany back then did not excite me. Good decision!

the two Niles meet, and I didn't see much difference in color


the Khalifa's House Museum

a great collection of loot at the Museum
the likely lads, our host on the right

don't you love this road?
Club with a pool, very welcome

me on the right, our 3 hosts on the left

1 comment:

Marysol said...

I'll bet your German beau still thinks of you to this day.

Happy 4th of July, M!

Blog Archive

Popular Posts