This has been a really great summer so far with temperatures that make me wonder if I'm in Maryland. The humidity has been low enough to make the days just perfect. We had a good bit of rain a week or so ago, and while other areas had bad storms, we were spared.
1. There is nothing like a good retreat to remind me how much I enjoy sisterhood. It's also a great reminder to find more of that in my life on a regular basis.
2. Finally, I got round to making a drink I saw somewhere on line. Watermelon soda with basil.
1. club soda
2. a big basil leaf
3. a pinch of kosher salt (optional)
4. chunks of watermelon
Put the ingredients into the blender in the numbered order, blend til totally liquified and server over ice or add some ice last while blending. The salt is good if it's super hot where you live. You might want to add a tsp then. Really.
3. Some things in my life have made me both very sad and very angry. It's possible to feel both of those things about the same event/action. Not enjoyable but everyone makes her own choices. Sometimes they are just plain selfish choices.
4. Did you know the Mendenhall Glacier is doing some serious calving? I hope access to the glacier is not restricted when my dh and granddaughter go fishing next month. That's a long way to go and miss seeing the glacier. I suspect the helicopter tour would be a bit pricey.
5. This is the time of year that I harvest my lavender branches. Normally, I've had about 5-8 bees happily gorging themselves on the flowers. This year I've been lucky to have two at a time, and some of those not even the normal fat black and gold bees. A visible sign of what pesticides are doing.
- ► 2016 (206)
- ► 2015 (209)
- TBT Sunny Days in Yorkshire 43 Years Ago
- Wordless Wednesday: Wishing For These Again
- Travel With Me Tuesday: More Sintra Portugal
- AAM Monday; PL Week 27
- Five on Friday July 25, 2014
- TBT Ripley UK 1981
- Wordless Wednesday: Really, iPhone?
- Trave With Me Tuesday: We Go To Sintra
- AAM Monday PL Week 26, or at least half of it
- R & R Day 4
- R&R Day 2
- Five on Friday: July 11, 2014
- Throwback Thursday: 1969 Knaresborough
- Wordless Wednesday: July 9, 2014 Is This an Insult...
- Travel With Me Tuesday: We Travel Around Lisbon
- AAM Monday PL wk 25
- Happy 4th!
- TBT Khartoum Sudan 1981
- Wordless Wednesday: July 2, 2014
- Travel With Me Tuesday: A Food-Centric Day in Lisb...
- ▼ July (20)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
eat more veggies
This was actually a dinner made on Thursday but as I will be at The Symphony this evening, I wrote this one ahead for you. You may consider...
Wrapping up April even tho there are some days left. I will be busily engaged this last week so this is coming a bit early. WATCHED: Change...
I often wonder how we really did live our lives before the net, and like a couple of jokers, I wish Al Gore had invented it sooner! One of ...
Cleaned up the worktable pre trip. I love seeing the wood again! One bit remaining from punching a bunch of items to send on to little ...
Recently, I found this photo of me and my cousin Joe. I'd say we are about 4-5 years old here. We are - obviously- in my bedroom with al...
A lot of bits and pieces this week. Hopefully, the last snow and ice. It didn't last long but it did make walking round the house ra...
Ok, no chicken dinner but better than that, a chance to win a super kit collection from Sabrina's Creations at The Lilypad. Looks lik...
The whole point of our trip to Charlottesville VA was to to to the Green Valley book fair up near Harrisonburg. We buy books for a boys...
Despite the Dec 1967 tag on the photo, I know this one was taken earlier. We have summer warmish weather clothes on so I'm guessing it...