Thursday, June 12, 2014
Throwback Thursday: Tehran 1978
Another slide from November 1978 Iran. Here my son is 6 and my daughter is 5. She was still often unsure of where we were after only two years out of the orphanage and a move from Thailand to the US and then to Iran. I loved that pine linen press from England as it had served me well as wonderful storage for all sorts of kitchen items. It made it back to the US in 1979 but was later stolen by a tenant. I often wonder if I will see it in some antique store.
At this time in Tehran, despite what was a start to a revolution, we were naively in the process of moving our children from the large American school to the smaller British school but instead were evacuated a month later. Yes, those were interesting times.
- ► 2017 (147)
- ► 2016 (206)
- ► 2015 (209)
- AAM Monday: PL wk 24
- Five on Friday: June 27, 2014
- TBT Knaresborough Before My Time
- Wordless Wednesday: June 26, 2014
- Travel With Me Tuesday: A Day in Lisbon
- AAM Monday: PL Week 23
- Five on Friday: June 20 2014
- TBT - Easter in England 1971
- Wordless Wednesday: June 18, 2014
- Travel With Me Tuesday: We Drive to Lisbon
- AAM Monday: PL Week 22
- Five on Friday: June 13 2014
- Throwback Thursday: Tehran 1978
- Wordless Wednesday; June 11 2014
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Sevilla
- AAM Monday: PL Short and Sweet
- Five on Friday: June 6 2014
- TBT The Day the Banks Burned
- Wordless Wednesday June 4, 2014
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Goodbye Costa del Sol , He...
- AAM Monday Project Life
- ▼ June (21)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (340)
SEPTEMBER 11, 2001 "They landed with such force, according to an eyewitness who was watching along with New York's mayor, Rud...
more than a thumbnail Originally uploaded by mudpig Wow...I've gotta get back to NYC. Cooler air, more energy to walk walk walk. Methi...
I often wonder how we really did live our lives before the net, and like a couple of jokers, I wish Al Gore had invented it sooner! One of ...
All about me, and some recent movies. Usually I don't have a great deal of interest in the Oscars, and find that many of the movies do...
Wrapping up April even tho there are some days left. I will be busily engaged this last week so this is coming a bit early. WATCHED: Change...
A week or so ago, we went to a fundraiser for Washington Jesuit Academy in DC at the Dock 5 of Union Market . It involved lots of food samp...
I saw the article on Matt in the weekend paper and I wonder why this wasn't suggested as a career choice back when "I" was in...
Not me nor my child but a friend and her mother. If you're a parent, I hope you've had this feeling.
At last it came. Easter, April Fools, the signs of Spring. While the week was not as warm as many Marylanders hoped it will be, it was perfe...