Thursday, June 12, 2014

Throwback Thursday: Tehran 1978


Another slide from November 1978 Iran. Here my son is 6 and my daughter is 5. She was still often unsure of where we were after only two years out of the orphanage and a move from Thailand to the US and then to Iran.  I loved that pine linen press from England as it had served me well as wonderful storage for all sorts of kitchen items.  It made it back to the US in 1979 but was later stolen by a tenant. I often wonder if I will see it in some antique store.

At this time in Tehran, despite what was a start to a revolution, we were naively in the process of moving our children from the large American school to the smaller British school but instead were evacuated a month later.  Yes, those were interesting times.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts