I really feel like this week has flown by without a lot of things happening. Did I even think?
1. The World Cup. So far so good for the US, but I am sure glad I wasn't in the heat of Manaus (gagging on the thought of that weather) or in the downpour of Recife. A comfy chair, a glass of iced tea and air conditioning were just fine with me. Not so for Jermaine Jones who may be the 2nd US player to suffer a broken nose in the games.
2. Food. I'm not dropping pounds like crazy so I think I've eaten this week, but other things have had priority and breakfast and lunch OR dinner have been just fine. Of course we did finish up the last of the batch of brownies.
3. Feeling like I was getting nothing done, I started the habit of making a list, most days, of 5 things to do, including one or so things I knew I could get done. Good incentive to start with the small things. I've put off taking the most current box of giveaways to the charity shop but got that done and it certainly did make me feel good. Get more out, get more out!
4. Bit by bit emptying my attic boxes now living in my studio has been another list item. Two boxes have been whittled down to one third of one box and two+ plus trashcan's full have gone. The box on the left with the big envelope is full of things that need to be shredded. That's progress not perfection.
5. Another Funeral. Men are terrible about going to the doctor and some die from that kind of procrastination and magical thinking that something will 'go away'. Today there is more one woman who didn't need to be a widow. Men!
- ► 2016 (206)
- ► 2015 (209)
- AAM Monday: PL wk 24
- Five on Friday: June 27, 2014
- TBT Knaresborough Before My Time
- Wordless Wednesday: June 26, 2014
- Travel With Me Tuesday: A Day in Lisbon
- AAM Monday: PL Week 23
- Five on Friday: June 20 2014
- TBT - Easter in England 1971
- Wordless Wednesday: June 18, 2014
- Travel With Me Tuesday: We Drive to Lisbon
- AAM Monday: PL Week 22
- Five on Friday: June 13 2014
- Throwback Thursday: Tehran 1978
- Wordless Wednesday; June 11 2014
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Sevilla
- AAM Monday: PL Short and Sweet
- Five on Friday: June 6 2014
- TBT The Day the Banks Burned
- Wordless Wednesday June 4, 2014
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Goodbye Costa del Sol , He...
- AAM Monday Project Life
- ▼ June (21)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
more than a thumbnail Originally uploaded by mudpig Wow...I've gotta get back to NYC. Cooler air, more energy to walk walk walk. Methi...
original by tsevis
What can I say? I just couldn't find one that was easily added. But I'll try, I'll try and maybe there will be one next week o...
Wrapping up April even tho there are some days left. I will be busily engaged this last week so this is coming a bit early. WATCHED: Change...
I often wonder how we really did live our lives before the net, and like a couple of jokers, I wish Al Gore had invented it sooner! One of ...
I saw the article on Matt in the weekend paper and I wonder why this wasn't suggested as a career choice back when "I" was in...
Back home after a week dog sitting, it''s so nice to be home. Steely Dan and some nice visuals to go along side.
About Bekah... from Sharlah's friend The doctors told Sharlah today that Bekah's virus has progressed to pneumonia. She had a ver...
All about me, and some recent movies. Usually I don't have a great deal of interest in the Oscars, and find that many of the movies do...
Ah it was a weekend of hot humid days but then the temperature dropped so that the a/c wouldn't really kick in at night. At least we are...