1. It's been a week with a lot of rain and there are times that I've enjoyed it because I can avoid going out into the garden to deal with the ever present weeds. But then they flourish in the rain. Just can't win.
2. Father's Day ahead and my dh's daughter is taking him out to lunch. It gives them a chance for one on one on the rare occasions they see each other. My father has been dead since 1972 and is only a distant memory.
3. Sometimes you just don't want to question the why. In an article on bathroom renovation, one couple asked if they should go 'for double sinks or his and hers bidets'. I have an unfortunate image burned in my mind after reading that.
4. Next week my grandson is coming to get some boxes out of the attic for me. They are back behind a heating duct that was installed after the boxes were placed in that corner of the attic. Grrrr. In one box I am hoping to find a bit of somewhat valuable memorabilia from those days in Tehran. I'd like it donated while my xh is alive. I also have to have room in my studio for those boxes. It never ends.
5. My geraniums are flourishing and provide a welcome splash of red amongst all the green outside. I'm especially pleased that they are doing to well because they were Walmart rescue plants that were dying from the strong winds we had this spring.
Whatever the next few days bring for you, have a great weekend! and try to catch that Strawberry moon if your skies are clear.
- ► 2017 (147)
- ► 2016 (206)
- ► 2015 (209)
- AAM Monday: PL wk 24
- Five on Friday: June 27, 2014
- TBT Knaresborough Before My Time
- Wordless Wednesday: June 26, 2014
- Travel With Me Tuesday: A Day in Lisbon
- AAM Monday: PL Week 23
- Five on Friday: June 20 2014
- TBT - Easter in England 1971
- Wordless Wednesday: June 18, 2014
- Travel With Me Tuesday: We Drive to Lisbon
- AAM Monday: PL Week 22
- Five on Friday: June 13 2014
- Throwback Thursday: Tehran 1978
- Wordless Wednesday; June 11 2014
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Sevilla
- AAM Monday: PL Short and Sweet
- Five on Friday: June 6 2014
- TBT The Day the Banks Burned
- Wordless Wednesday June 4, 2014
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Goodbye Costa del Sol , He...
- AAM Monday Project Life
- ▼ June (21)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (340)
SEPTEMBER 11, 2001 "They landed with such force, according to an eyewitness who was watching along with New York's mayor, Rud...
We moved to Thailand with two sons and were expected to be there for two years. However, in that time we adopted a little three year old lit...
Yep, I missed Monday, not because it was a holiday, but because it was damp and miserable. I'm sure I did stuff but who knows? I did wat...
A simple week, with rain, reading and a memorial service for a friend. The little black bordered photo on the first page came from the BBC ...
About Bekah... from Sharlah's friend The doctors told Sharlah today that Bekah's virus has progressed to pneumonia. She had a ver...
I often wonder how we really did live our lives before the net, and like a couple of jokers, I wish Al Gore had invented it sooner! One of ...
What can I say? I just couldn't find one that was easily added. But I'll try, I'll try and maybe there will be one next week o...
as seen on Pinterest
Each December (hopefully!) when I start to get ready for the next year's Project Life pages, I make folders for a month or two's wor...