1. It's hard to believe it's May. Today I felt like I was back in an English day, with mist and damp, neither not hot nor cold. Kind of strange but not bad at all. I think the day has ranged from the 50s to a projected 70s. I doubt the latter.
2. I saw this on Pinterest and I can see it being really good when we finally get our hot day. With the current skyrocketing price of limes, I suspect it will be with lemons instead.Thank you Shutterbean for Cilantro Limeade....um!
3. Oh those exercise classes. I am really up in the air about which ones to sign up for or rather which ones to drop. I'm still pretty sure that the aerobics will have to go since I really don't feel so hot afterwards. I know good tired/sore and that is not what I'm feeling. Sigh.
4. There is still no shrimp for me, as my treat after having the 2nd shot in my knee. I used to make it a habit to get myself a BIG chocolate bar from Trader Joe's when I either had blood drawn or got a shot. 1lb for $4.99. Oh dear god it's good.
Getting shots is rare and the blood work is only twice a year. It's not like I was getting one of these bars weekly. But this week I decided to buy something a bit better for me and went to get shrimp. Darn if they weren't out of shrimp! Maybe I was meant to buy chocolate I thought and settled for a Caramel Snickers. Not as good and so not as large!
5. Still on the edible note, I have not seen too many herbs for sale except at $3.50 a plant. Admittedly big, but for things like parsley that I want all over the garden, I may have to resort to seeds this year. "They say" that Mother's Day is the date for tomatoes but as I don't have places that have both enough space and sunlight, this is not part of my gardening plan. But my herbs? oh yes.
- ► 2016 (206)
- ► 2015 (209)
- Five on Friday: May 30 2014
- TBT New Office in 2001
- Wordless Wednesday May 28, 2014
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Spain 2008 Granada Part 2
- AAM Monday Project Life
- Five on Friday: May 23, 2014
- ThrowBack Thursday - May 22, 2014
- Wordless Wednesday May 21 2014
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Spain 2008 Granada
- AAM Monday - Reading and Not Reading
- Five on Friday: May 16, 2014
- Throwback Thursday - How's 1946 For Ya
- Wordless Wednesday: May 14, 2014
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Spain 2008 Gibraltar
- AAM Monday: Reflections on Time
- Five on Friday: May 9 2014
- This n That
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Spain 2008
- AAM Monday: From Then to Now
- Five on Friday: May 2, 2014
- Throwback Thursday: Circa 1930
- ▼ May (21)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
eat more veggies
This was actually a dinner made on Thursday but as I will be at The Symphony this evening, I wrote this one ahead for you. You may consider...
Cleaned up the worktable pre trip. I love seeing the wood again! One bit remaining from punching a bunch of items to send on to little ...
Wrapping up April even tho there are some days left. I will be busily engaged this last week so this is coming a bit early. WATCHED: Change...
Recently, I found this photo of me and my cousin Joe. I'd say we are about 4-5 years old here. We are - obviously- in my bedroom with al...
A lot of bits and pieces this week. Hopefully, the last snow and ice. It didn't last long but it did make walking round the house ra...
I often wonder how we really did live our lives before the net, and like a couple of jokers, I wish Al Gore had invented it sooner! One of ...
Ok, no chicken dinner but better than that, a chance to win a super kit collection from Sabrina's Creations at The Lilypad. Looks lik...
The whole point of our trip to Charlottesville VA was to to to the Green Valley book fair up near Harrisonburg. We buy books for a boys...
Despite the Dec 1967 tag on the photo, I know this one was taken earlier. We have summer warmish weather clothes on so I'm guessing it...