1. It's hard to believe it's May. Today I felt like I was back in an English day, with mist and damp, neither not hot nor cold. Kind of strange but not bad at all. I think the day has ranged from the 50s to a projected 70s. I doubt the latter.
2. I saw this on Pinterest and I can see it being really good when we finally get our hot day. With the current skyrocketing price of limes, I suspect it will be with lemons instead.Thank you Shutterbean for Cilantro Limeade....um!
3. Oh those exercise classes. I am really up in the air about which ones to sign up for or rather which ones to drop. I'm still pretty sure that the aerobics will have to go since I really don't feel so hot afterwards. I know good tired/sore and that is not what I'm feeling. Sigh.
4. There is still no shrimp for me, as my treat after having the 2nd shot in my knee. I used to make it a habit to get myself a BIG chocolate bar from Trader Joe's when I either had blood drawn or got a shot. 1lb for $4.99. Oh dear god it's good.
Getting shots is rare and the blood work is only twice a year. It's not like I was getting one of these bars weekly. But this week I decided to buy something a bit better for me and went to get shrimp. Darn if they weren't out of shrimp! Maybe I was meant to buy chocolate I thought and settled for a Caramel Snickers. Not as good and so not as large!
5. Still on the edible note, I have not seen too many herbs for sale except at $3.50 a plant. Admittedly big, but for things like parsley that I want all over the garden, I may have to resort to seeds this year. "They say" that Mother's Day is the date for tomatoes but as I don't have places that have both enough space and sunlight, this is not part of my gardening plan. But my herbs? oh yes.
- ► 2017 (147)
- ► 2016 (206)
- ► 2015 (209)
- Five on Friday: May 30 2014
- TBT New Office in 2001
- Wordless Wednesday May 28, 2014
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Spain 2008 Granada Part 2
- AAM Monday Project Life
- Five on Friday: May 23, 2014
- ThrowBack Thursday - May 22, 2014
- Wordless Wednesday May 21 2014
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Spain 2008 Granada
- AAM Monday - Reading and Not Reading
- Five on Friday: May 16, 2014
- Throwback Thursday - How's 1946 For Ya
- Wordless Wednesday: May 14, 2014
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Spain 2008 Gibraltar
- AAM Monday: Reflections on Time
- Five on Friday: May 9 2014
- This n That
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Spain 2008
- AAM Monday: From Then to Now
- Five on Friday: May 2, 2014
- Throwback Thursday: Circa 1930
- ▼ May (21)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
What can I say? I just couldn't find one that was easily added. But I'll try, I'll try and maybe there will be one next week o...
SEPTEMBER 11, 2001 "They landed with such force, according to an eyewitness who was watching along with New York's mayor, Rud...
This was actually a dinner made on Thursday but as I will be at The Symphony this evening, I wrote this one ahead for you. You may consider...
Saw this over on Bits and Pieces and it got my day started with a smile. How The Day Sounds from Miky Wolf on Vimeo . Hope you like ho...
Miata? Historic tags?
My lad was out in Western MD for a few days, visiting friends and riding his bike. When he does this, he invariably comes home early and I g...
Kaija in Finlad has her own beautiful blog where she shares some of her amazing hand bound books. I cannot fathom doing such detailed and l...
The whole point of our trip to Charlottesville VA was to to to the Green Valley book fair up near Harrisonburg. We buy books for a boys...
I love getting so many pages done in January. A Month of Challenges sounds daunting but it's only an hour or two each day. Lots of fun ...
original by tsevis