1. One of the pitfalls of doing scrapbook pages from another year is that I (you too?) tend to forget which year this actually is. I was doing some data entry from a spreadsheet to a data base at one of my volunteer jobs and I must have entered three dates before I caught that they were September 2014. Uh...that hasn't happened yet, has it? But for a moment I wondered if this year was 2015 and last fall WAS 2014. Fortunately, the original mistake wasn't mine! Phew!
2. Do you want to see pretty things for free? How about this magnificent art, now free, from the Met. Other than the one above, there are downloadable Picassos, ancient art, Rembrandts etc. Apparently, initial demand crashed their site. Apparently, I was asleep for this announcement.
3. Mangoes. I adore them and while I miss the luxury of having a maid present me with a plate of beautiful
mango slices, I'm grateful that they are now readily available in
Maryland. This was not the case 30 years ago. Some things do remain the
same if you have to eat the mango on your own. For me, it's 1. always
eating it over the sink and 2. spending endless time getting those pesky fibers
from between my front teeth. Time to get more dental floss during the height of mango season.
4. Years ago, I bought a peony plant and planted it as near to the house as
I could so I'd see it and enjoy my blossoms. Of course, these stubborn
little gems take a while to actually bloom. I think it was close to 5
years. When they did, ugh...I had bought a deep fuschia peony plant.
What I want is a variegated pale pink or white or either of those two
colors. I may finally bite the bullet and buy the kind I want this fall.
And then wait....
5. The humidity has returned. That is a statement, not a complaint but you know what I really mean!
- ► 2017 (120)
- ► 2016 (206)
- ► 2015 (209)
- Five on Friday: May 30 2014
- TBT New Office in 2001
- Wordless Wednesday May 28, 2014
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Spain 2008 Granada Part 2
- AAM Monday Project Life
- Five on Friday: May 23, 2014
- ThrowBack Thursday - May 22, 2014
- Wordless Wednesday May 21 2014
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Spain 2008 Granada
- AAM Monday - Reading and Not Reading
- Five on Friday: May 16, 2014
- Throwback Thursday - How's 1946 For Ya
- Wordless Wednesday: May 14, 2014
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Spain 2008 Gibraltar
- AAM Monday: Reflections on Time
- Five on Friday: May 9 2014
- This n That
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Spain 2008
- AAM Monday: From Then to Now
- Five on Friday: May 2, 2014
- Throwback Thursday: Circa 1930
- ▼ May (21)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
Wrapping up April even tho there are some days left. I will be busily engaged this last week so this is coming a bit early. WATCHED: Change...
original by tsevis
more than a thumbnail Originally uploaded by mudpig Wow...I've gotta get back to NYC. Cooler air, more energy to walk walk walk. Methi...
I saw the article on Matt in the weekend paper and I wonder why this wasn't suggested as a career choice back when "I" was in...
All about me, and some recent movies. Usually I don't have a great deal of interest in the Oscars, and find that many of the movies do...
What can I say? I just couldn't find one that was easily added. But I'll try, I'll try and maybe there will be one next week o...
I was looking at a tutorial to make images appeared curled, and while the narrator said you could do it in PSE, I found that there was a CS ...
I often wonder how we really did live our lives before the net, and like a couple of jokers, I wish Al Gore had invented it sooner! One of ...
About Bekah... from Sharlah's friend The doctors told Sharlah today that Bekah's virus has progressed to pneumonia. She had a ver...
Ok, not a man but a little boy born in Yorkshire. After 30 years, I finally got some of my older photo albums from former husband. I wonder...