Ah May with her flower and winds and variable temperatures. At least it's not hot, as in Hot, yet.
1. Yesterday's cook session taught me that the days of baking anything at Hospice are over. It was warm out, but cool inside Hospice, but baking brownies made the kitchen as hot as hades. My companion in the kitchen and I had sweat pouring off our brows. Our faces were beyond a bit of Southern Glow! Sorry oven, your days are over.
2. My lilies of the valley have sprung up with the afternoon warmth. They are my favorite flower with the most delicious scent. Sadly, I have yet to get the pips I bought last month in the ground yet. It was either too cold or too wet. I hope it's not too late for them to take.
3. Yesterday I had lunch with a friend in downtown Annapolis. It's been quite a while since I had to park in the garage there, and was rather surprised to see prices of $2. per half hour. I may have to practice my parallel parking skills to avoid this kind of thing. This little French place was a great spot to have lunch and worth the garage hassle.
4. We have been trying to figure out a short trip to Colorado and once again forget just how darn big the Western states are. Going from x to y always seems to involve a day's drive. The trip may not happen.
5. As I was cooking at Hospice last night, my dh went out to dinner with a friend. He asked if I wanted a crabcake, I did, and I had forgotten just how good they are at this place. $32. for two crabcakes and two sides or $19. for my single crabcake. I wished I'd had two!
- ► 2017 (97)
- ► 2016 (206)
- ► 2015 (209)
- Five on Friday: May 30 2014
- TBT New Office in 2001
- Wordless Wednesday May 28, 2014
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Spain 2008 Granada Part 2
- AAM Monday Project Life
- Five on Friday: May 23, 2014
- ThrowBack Thursday - May 22, 2014
- Wordless Wednesday May 21 2014
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Spain 2008 Granada
- AAM Monday - Reading and Not Reading
- Five on Friday: May 16, 2014
- Throwback Thursday - How's 1946 For Ya
- Wordless Wednesday: May 14, 2014
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Spain 2008 Gibraltar
- AAM Monday: Reflections on Time
- Five on Friday: May 9 2014
- This n That
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Spain 2008
- AAM Monday: From Then to Now
- Five on Friday: May 2, 2014
- Throwback Thursday: Circa 1930
- ▼ May (21)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
I was looking at a tutorial to make images appeared curled, and while the narrator said you could do it in PSE, I found that there was a CS ...
original by tsevis
All about me, and some recent movies. Usually I don't have a great deal of interest in the Oscars, and find that many of the movies do...
I saw the article on Matt in the weekend paper and I wonder why this wasn't suggested as a career choice back when "I" was in...
What can I say? I just couldn't find one that was easily added. But I'll try, I'll try and maybe there will be one next week o...
Well after the death of the iMac and my not quite used to the new machine, I have done almost no scrapping so there won't be another wee...
SEPTEMBER 11, 2001 "They landed with such force, according to an eyewitness who was watching along with New York's mayor, Rud...
I often wonder how we really did live our lives before the net, and like a couple of jokers, I wish Al Gore had invented it sooner! One of ...
I don't often do a double page that is pretty much designed as a double from the start. This one was done that way, more or less, even t...
Did some scrapping yesterday but ran into the issue of Adobe vs Apple. It happens and has happened over the years but this time it was an is...