Ah May with her flower and winds and variable temperatures. At least it's not hot, as in Hot, yet.
1. Yesterday's cook session taught me that the days of baking anything at Hospice are over. It was warm out, but cool inside Hospice, but baking brownies made the kitchen as hot as hades. My companion in the kitchen and I had sweat pouring off our brows. Our faces were beyond a bit of Southern Glow! Sorry oven, your days are over.
2. My lilies of the valley have sprung up with the afternoon warmth. They are my favorite flower with the most delicious scent. Sadly, I have yet to get the pips I bought last month in the ground yet. It was either too cold or too wet. I hope it's not too late for them to take.
3. Yesterday I had lunch with a friend in downtown Annapolis. It's been quite a while since I had to park in the garage there, and was rather surprised to see prices of $2. per half hour. I may have to practice my parallel parking skills to avoid this kind of thing. This little French place was a great spot to have lunch and worth the garage hassle.
4. We have been trying to figure out a short trip to Colorado and once again forget just how darn big the Western states are. Going from x to y always seems to involve a day's drive. The trip may not happen.
5. As I was cooking at Hospice last night, my dh went out to dinner with a friend. He asked if I wanted a crabcake, I did, and I had forgotten just how good they are at this place. $32. for two crabcakes and two sides or $19. for my single crabcake. I wished I'd had two!
- ► 2018 (68)
- ► 2017 (147)
- ► 2016 (206)
- ► 2015 (209)
- Five on Friday: May 30 2014
- TBT New Office in 2001
- Wordless Wednesday May 28, 2014
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Spain 2008 Granada Part 2
- AAM Monday Project Life
- Five on Friday: May 23, 2014
- ThrowBack Thursday - May 22, 2014
- Wordless Wednesday May 21 2014
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Spain 2008 Granada
- AAM Monday - Reading and Not Reading
- Five on Friday: May 16, 2014
- Throwback Thursday - How's 1946 For Ya
- Wordless Wednesday: May 14, 2014
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Spain 2008 Gibraltar
- AAM Monday: Reflections on Time
- Five on Friday: May 9 2014
- This n That
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Spain 2008
- AAM Monday: From Then to Now
- Five on Friday: May 2, 2014
- Throwback Thursday: Circa 1930
- ▼ May (21)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (340)
I have my books noted on line but I realized I tend to forget what it is I watched on tv. Most days, I am on my computer a lot but do take t...
I was taking a bit of a blog break recently with lots of visiting with family and friends. So a couple of weeks of Project Life here. Hope y...
fron On Sutton Place
SEPTEMBER 11, 2001 "They landed with such force, according to an eyewitness who was watching along with New York's mayor, Rud...
Don't ask me where the time has gone. I feel like I've been in a bit of a fog lately no doubt by the World Cup but then also by the ...
Week sixteen started out as a chilly rainy Sunday but one that was fun. The rest of my week involved time at the Washington Retreat Cen...
A week that involved a lot of visiting to and fro. It became a busy week with not so much else going on but isn't that a typical sum...
as seen on this Instagram account
This is not quite a tutorial today, but rather a where-to-find. I believe I had this screensaver on a former computer. However, having h...
So even though the policy is rescinded, I still ask WWJD with so many of 45's policies. Seriously? Pence? This is the spirit of ...