Friday, May 2, 2014

Five on Friday: May 2, 2014

Ah May with her flower and winds and variable temperatures. At least it's not hot, as in Hot, yet.

1. Yesterday's cook session taught me that the days of baking anything at Hospice are over. It was warm out, but cool inside Hospice, but baking brownies made the kitchen as hot as hades. My companion in the kitchen and I had sweat pouring off our brows. Our faces were beyond a bit of Southern Glow! Sorry oven, your days are over.

2. My lilies of the valley have sprung up with the afternoon warmth. They are my favorite flower with the most delicious scent. Sadly, I have yet to get the pips I bought last month in the ground yet. It was either too cold or too wet. I hope it's not too late for them to take.

3. Yesterday I had lunch with a friend in downtown Annapolis. It's been quite a while since I had to park in the garage there, and was rather surprised to see prices of $2. per half hour. I may have to practice my parallel parking skills to avoid this kind of thing. This little French place was a great spot to have lunch and worth the garage hassle.



4. We have been trying to figure out a short trip to Colorado and once again forget just how darn big the Western states are. Going from x to y always seems to involve a day's drive. The trip may not happen.

5. As I was cooking at Hospice last night, my dh went out to dinner with a friend. He asked if I wanted a crabcake, I did, and I had forgotten just how good they are at this place.  $32. for two crabcakes and two sides or $19. for my single crabcake. I wished I'd had two!

1 comment:

Photocat said...

Hah, a true food orientated blog.
Yes, the West is huge. I for one am always amazed that people drive an hour to get groceries...

Blog Archive

Popular Posts