Thursday, April 24, 2014

ThrowBack Thursday - Oh Those 70s

Yes, I know many of you were not even born in the 70s. Many of you. But these two lads of mine were.  Here they are, their very first time in California - mine too - in the desert near 29 Palms. I have always supposed that is a Joshua Tree but what did I know? I had spent most of my life on the East Coast, and the prior 7 years in England. I'll stick to this story until corrected.

These boys of mine have grown up to be men older than I was in this 1975 photo. The 8 year old knew how to look cool but the almost 4 year old may have been embarrassed by the non matching pattern of his trousers or did he know the future was so bright he had to wear shades! Fortunately, they no longer wear trousers like these. But then again, I've seen these plaids come back. What's old is new, over and over. I bet there are houses in this barren landscape now! A lot happens in almost 40 years.


1 comment:

Photocat said...

Haha, I know those patterns on the pants... Grin. And yes, it would be interesting to see th eplace now!

Blog Archive

Popular Posts