Spring, spring, spring. Once again, despite pollen, high winds etc etc, I am so so glad this winter is nearly over. Spring has been especially welcome this year.
1. Those of us who are closely attached to our computers, and you know who you are!, get all giddy when new EHDs are announced. For years, the term has been smokin' hot. But now LaCie announces that the new Thunderbolt drives have "Shocking speeds up to 420MB/s". Obviously, customers will be dropping at their desktops.
3. Each year as I put the seasonal decorations out, more and more of them get downsized out. This feels very liberating and light. The one thing I suspect I'll keep forever is the set of blown out eggs my friend Anne and I did about 20 years ago. Blowing them out was a chore for sure but then we realized neither of us really knew how to marble with oils. It was a test and learn but we did it. I think of that fun day every Easter. Thank you Anne for your patience and lung power!
4. A recent article in the Washington Post Home section showed an idea for LED ceiling lights on a covered outside deck. I really like that idea and one day would like to do something like that...inside or out. The company is Wiedamark.com I wonder if any of you have installed something like this.
5. The house next to my son is a new one being built on a lot where the older one was seriously neglected to the point of bats living inside! A new house is good but the construction work leaves much to be desired. The workers cut the french drains on the other side and flooded the area, fortunately not my son's house. Long ago, before a major road was built nearby, there was a creek coming through this area. Water knows its path....as flooded yards and waterlogged basements attest to.
- ► 2018 (68)
- ► 2017 (147)
- ► 2016 (206)
- ► 2015 (209)
- Wordless Wednesday: Back in My Day
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Bawlmer, Hon
- AAM Monday: Project Life Catchup
- ThrowBack Thursday - Oh Those 70s
- Wordless Wednesday: Brrrr
- AAM Tuesday: It's His Birthday
- Cat or Easter Bunny
- Five on Friday: April 18, 2014
- Tuesday Tutorial: Coloring Doodles
- AAM Monday: I'm Not in Class
- Five on Friday: April 11, 2014
- Green Grow the Fields
- Wordless Wednesday: Avoid This
- Travel With Me Tueday: Say What?
- AAM Monday: I Like a Routine
- Five on Friday: April 4, 2014
- Throwback Thursday: 1950
- Wordless Wednesday: Tie One On
- Wearin' Out the Eyeballs
- ▼ April (19)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (340)
I have my books noted on line but I realized I tend to forget what it is I watched on tv. Most days, I am on my computer a lot but do take t...
I was taking a bit of a blog break recently with lots of visiting with family and friends. So a couple of weeks of Project Life here. Hope y...
A simple week, with rain, reading and a memorial service for a friend. The little black bordered photo on the first page came from the BBC ...
fron On Sutton Place
SEPTEMBER 11, 2001 "They landed with such force, according to an eyewitness who was watching along with New York's mayor, Rud...
It's funny that when ever we get together down North Carolina way, we often end up having dinner at the same restaurant. Is it tradition...
A week that involved a lot of visiting to and fro. It became a busy week with not so much else going on but isn't that a typical sum...
as seen on this Instagram account
Week sixteen started out as a chilly rainy Sunday but one that was fun. The rest of my week involved time at the Washington Retreat Cen...
So even though the policy is rescinded, I still ask WWJD with so many of 45's policies. Seriously? Pence? This is the spirit of ...