Friday, April 11, 2014
Five on Friday: April 11, 2014
Dessert the other night at Hospice was banana pudding, a dessert I've never chosen to eat but one that many people rave about. I cooked, they liked.
1. Great advice from Elise Blaha Cripe "...there is not enough money in the world to sacrifice sleep to stress."
2. My beef with broccoli for the hospice guests tasted quite good I must say. One guest did say..."I hope it tastes better than it looks." They don't like their veggies crunchy but they want them green. What's a cook to do... advice welcome!
3. The Casual Vacancy, J.K. Rowling's new book that is not a Harry Potter book. I have slowly plodded my way through it but don't recommend it. I know British dialect but enough already. I also have decided that I really don't like almost any of the characters. In real life we all have our issues but this book seemed to be more about the issues and a whole flock of people with their warts ooozing out was not a great deal of fun. ymmv.
4. Wednesday I spent a good amount of time with a friend and asked her to listen to my complaints/issues about/with our recent Italian trip. It was a good way for me to think of the things that bugged me and see very clearly which ones were out of my control, e.g. shit happens, and which ones I could address. As women nearing 70, we both are very clear that when our sleep is disturbed we are not physically or emotionally well. You don't want to be around during those times!
5. All the air conditioners are in and it has been done before it got hot with a capital H. A good feeling and good work done by a good husband. I'm enjoying this warm but not hot weather a lot. aCHOO! aCHOO! No real allergy issues here but pollen is shooting out from most every living thing.
Armed with tissues, I hope you have a great weekend! I have no plans which I hope stays that way. Easy catch up with a lot of little-to-do ease.
- ► 2016 (206)
- ► 2015 (209)
- Wordless Wednesday: Back in My Day
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Bawlmer, Hon
- AAM Monday: Project Life Catchup
- ThrowBack Thursday - Oh Those 70s
- Wordless Wednesday: Brrrr
- AAM Tuesday: It's His Birthday
- Cat or Easter Bunny
- Five on Friday: April 18, 2014
- Tuesday Tutorial: Coloring Doodles
- AAM Monday: I'm Not in Class
- Five on Friday: April 11, 2014
- Green Grow the Fields
- Wordless Wednesday: Avoid This
- Travel With Me Tueday: Say What?
- AAM Monday: I Like a Routine
- Five on Friday: April 4, 2014
- Throwback Thursday: 1950
- Wordless Wednesday: Tie One On
- Wearin' Out the Eyeballs
- ▼ April (19)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
Our day started with a pickup by our driver and then later a switch to a shuttle bus to take us into York. We passed the train station an...
Once again, it was a Monday that was crazy with a trip to the Apple store to see if my iMac was ok. Yes, it was - big sigh of relief. App...
Back in 2011, I got a recipe from a woman on line and decided to make this baklava. None of it is very hard other than keeping the phyllo...
eat more veggies
Valentine's week but without red. I really liked this soft peachy color this week. We did have our normal lunch at the Severn Inn a...
I can't believe a week went by without another blog post. Where was I and what was I doing? Oh yes, cleaning up the wreckage left a...
Cleaned up the worktable pre trip. I love seeing the wood again! One bit remaining from punching a bunch of items to send on to little ...
Breast cancer....no, no, I don't have it but I have a mammogram scheduled for next month. Trust me, they are not that bad, and for the ...
My lad was out in Western MD for a few days, visiting friends and riding his bike. When he does this, he invariably comes home early and I g...
The whole point of our trip to Charlottesville VA was to to to the Green Valley book fair up near Harrisonburg. We buy books for a boys...