Friday, April 11, 2014
Five on Friday: April 11, 2014
Dessert the other night at Hospice was banana pudding, a dessert I've never chosen to eat but one that many people rave about. I cooked, they liked.
1. Great advice from Elise Blaha Cripe "...there is not enough money in the world to sacrifice sleep to stress."
2. My beef with broccoli for the hospice guests tasted quite good I must say. One guest did say..."I hope it tastes better than it looks." They don't like their veggies crunchy but they want them green. What's a cook to do... advice welcome!
3. The Casual Vacancy, J.K. Rowling's new book that is not a Harry Potter book. I have slowly plodded my way through it but don't recommend it. I know British dialect but enough already. I also have decided that I really don't like almost any of the characters. In real life we all have our issues but this book seemed to be more about the issues and a whole flock of people with their warts ooozing out was not a great deal of fun. ymmv.
4. Wednesday I spent a good amount of time with a friend and asked her to listen to my complaints/issues about/with our recent Italian trip. It was a good way for me to think of the things that bugged me and see very clearly which ones were out of my control, e.g. shit happens, and which ones I could address. As women nearing 70, we both are very clear that when our sleep is disturbed we are not physically or emotionally well. You don't want to be around during those times!
5. All the air conditioners are in and it has been done before it got hot with a capital H. A good feeling and good work done by a good husband. I'm enjoying this warm but not hot weather a lot. aCHOO! aCHOO! No real allergy issues here but pollen is shooting out from most every living thing.
Armed with tissues, I hope you have a great weekend! I have no plans which I hope stays that way. Easy catch up with a lot of little-to-do ease.
- ► 2017 (97)
- ► 2016 (206)
- ► 2015 (209)
- Wordless Wednesday: Back in My Day
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Bawlmer, Hon
- AAM Monday: Project Life Catchup
- ThrowBack Thursday - Oh Those 70s
- Wordless Wednesday: Brrrr
- AAM Tuesday: It's His Birthday
- Cat or Easter Bunny
- Five on Friday: April 18, 2014
- Tuesday Tutorial: Coloring Doodles
- AAM Monday: I'm Not in Class
- Five on Friday: April 11, 2014
- Green Grow the Fields
- Wordless Wednesday: Avoid This
- Travel With Me Tueday: Say What?
- AAM Monday: I Like a Routine
- Five on Friday: April 4, 2014
- Throwback Thursday: 1950
- Wordless Wednesday: Tie One On
- Wearin' Out the Eyeballs
- ▼ April (19)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
I was looking at a tutorial to make images appeared curled, and while the narrator said you could do it in PSE, I found that there was a CS ...
original by tsevis
All about me, and some recent movies. Usually I don't have a great deal of interest in the Oscars, and find that many of the movies do...
I saw the article on Matt in the weekend paper and I wonder why this wasn't suggested as a career choice back when "I" was in...
What can I say? I just couldn't find one that was easily added. But I'll try, I'll try and maybe there will be one next week o...
Well after the death of the iMac and my not quite used to the new machine, I have done almost no scrapping so there won't be another wee...
SEPTEMBER 11, 2001 "They landed with such force, according to an eyewitness who was watching along with New York's mayor, Rud...
I often wonder how we really did live our lives before the net, and like a couple of jokers, I wish Al Gore had invented it sooner! One of ...
I don't often do a double page that is pretty much designed as a double from the start. This one was done that way, more or less, even t...
Did some scrapping yesterday but ran into the issue of Adobe vs Apple. It happens and has happened over the years but this time it was an is...