Friday, February 28, 2014
Five on Friday: February 28, 2014
1. Of course February goes quickly. It's the shortest month but the persistent snow has made it a month of staying in with one day seeming very much like the prior one and the next ones. Scratch most Marylanders these days and the prevailing opinion is that we are so over this winter, so over it. That's not a normal complaint round here where most years we long for a good snowfall. Enough already. When the snow thaws in places I see the tips of daffodils and yesterday I cut some forsythia branches to force. March 21 is officially spring and in a normal year, we think about turning the a/c on by the first week or two of April. We'll see what this year brings.
2. I finally started watching the current version of "House of Cards". So so good. I'm only 2/3 done with season 1 and I may wait a bit to start season 2. Relish it a bit. Having watched the original British version, I know what season two could bring. There was shocking badness in that original version and I can imagine it repeated in the American version.
3. Suddenly my days seem to be filled with doctors' appointments. That tends to happen at certain times of the year, and I am so grateful to have medical insurance even beyond Medicare but still. Sometimes I wistfully remember the days when a doctor's visit rarely happened in my life. I still don't get 'sick' but old age has brought more issues that need periodic checks. C'est la vie.
4.I was cooking something the other day that called for thyme. I don't have dried thyme in the house anymore but my several feet of thyme plants were deep under the snow. Today, I went through my dried spices and found I DID have one small container of my thyme, dried. This winter has been a reminder to dry some of all my herbs AND label the containers. Yes, you would think I know better but I don't.
5. It's Feast time again! Feast from the library that is. Don't you wonder how certain books can be #1 on your hold list for months, and then suddenly a flock of them come in? Well, my ship of books came in and I'm really torn between gobbling them or binge watch more of some of the tv shows I want to see on Netflix. I sure am prepared for any more snow. Toilet paper stocked up weeks ago and I have all the makings for bread. Milk I can do without as I drink my tea black.
Have a great weekend! I have no plans which sounds just right to me.
- ► 2016 (206)
- ► 2015 (209)
- Five on Friday: February 28, 2014
- Wordless Wednesday: February 26, 2014
- Snow ....Again?
- AAM Monday: Antsy
- Five on Friday: February 21, 2014
- Wordless Wednesday: February 19, 2014
- Travel With Me Tuesday; Baltimore Newark Paris & M...
- AAM Monday: February 17, 2014
- Five on Friday: February 14, 2014
- Apps....You are Addictive
- Wordless Wednesday: February 12, 2014
- What Will Happen on Downton Abbey I Ask (SPOILER ...
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 4 and 5
- Five on Friday: February 7, 2014
- What Am I Watching
- Wordless Wednesday: February 5, 2014
- Two Weeks Ago
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 3
- ▼ February (18)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
Our day started with a pickup by our driver and then later a switch to a shuttle bus to take us into York. We passed the train station an...
Once again, it was a Monday that was crazy with a trip to the Apple store to see if my iMac was ok. Yes, it was - big sigh of relief. App...
Back in 2011, I got a recipe from a woman on line and decided to make this baklava. None of it is very hard other than keeping the phyllo...
eat more veggies
Valentine's week but without red. I really liked this soft peachy color this week. We did have our normal lunch at the Severn Inn a...
I can't believe a week went by without another blog post. Where was I and what was I doing? Oh yes, cleaning up the wreckage left a...
Cleaned up the worktable pre trip. I love seeing the wood again! One bit remaining from punching a bunch of items to send on to little ...
Breast cancer....no, no, I don't have it but I have a mammogram scheduled for next month. Trust me, they are not that bad, and for the ...
My lad was out in Western MD for a few days, visiting friends and riding his bike. When he does this, he invariably comes home early and I g...
All about me, and some recent movies. Usually I don't have a great deal of interest in the Oscars, and find that many of the movies do...