Friday, February 28, 2014
Five on Friday: February 28, 2014
1. Of course February goes quickly. It's the shortest month but the persistent snow has made it a month of staying in with one day seeming very much like the prior one and the next ones. Scratch most Marylanders these days and the prevailing opinion is that we are so over this winter, so over it. That's not a normal complaint round here where most years we long for a good snowfall. Enough already. When the snow thaws in places I see the tips of daffodils and yesterday I cut some forsythia branches to force. March 21 is officially spring and in a normal year, we think about turning the a/c on by the first week or two of April. We'll see what this year brings.
2. I finally started watching the current version of "House of Cards". So so good. I'm only 2/3 done with season 1 and I may wait a bit to start season 2. Relish it a bit. Having watched the original British version, I know what season two could bring. There was shocking badness in that original version and I can imagine it repeated in the American version.
3. Suddenly my days seem to be filled with doctors' appointments. That tends to happen at certain times of the year, and I am so grateful to have medical insurance even beyond Medicare but still. Sometimes I wistfully remember the days when a doctor's visit rarely happened in my life. I still don't get 'sick' but old age has brought more issues that need periodic checks. C'est la vie.
4.I was cooking something the other day that called for thyme. I don't have dried thyme in the house anymore but my several feet of thyme plants were deep under the snow. Today, I went through my dried spices and found I DID have one small container of my thyme, dried. This winter has been a reminder to dry some of all my herbs AND label the containers. Yes, you would think I know better but I don't.
5. It's Feast time again! Feast from the library that is. Don't you wonder how certain books can be #1 on your hold list for months, and then suddenly a flock of them come in? Well, my ship of books came in and I'm really torn between gobbling them or binge watch more of some of the tv shows I want to see on Netflix. I sure am prepared for any more snow. Toilet paper stocked up weeks ago and I have all the makings for bread. Milk I can do without as I drink my tea black.
Have a great weekend! I have no plans which sounds just right to me.
- ► 2017 (147)
- ► 2016 (206)
- ► 2015 (209)
- Five on Friday: February 28, 2014
- Wordless Wednesday: February 26, 2014
- Snow ....Again?
- AAM Monday: Antsy
- Five on Friday: February 21, 2014
- Wordless Wednesday: February 19, 2014
- Travel With Me Tuesday; Baltimore Newark Paris & M...
- AAM Monday: February 17, 2014
- Five on Friday: February 14, 2014
- Apps....You are Addictive
- Wordless Wednesday: February 12, 2014
- What Will Happen on Downton Abbey I Ask (SPOILER ...
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 4 and 5
- Five on Friday: February 7, 2014
- What Am I Watching
- Wordless Wednesday: February 5, 2014
- Two Weeks Ago
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 3
- ▼ February (18)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
I often wonder how we really did live our lives before the net, and like a couple of jokers, I wish Al Gore had invented it sooner! One of ...
Wrapping up April even tho there are some days left. I will be busily engaged this last week so this is coming a bit early. WATCHED: Change...
Back home after a week dog sitting, it''s so nice to be home. Steely Dan and some nice visuals to go along side.
more than a thumbnail Originally uploaded by mudpig Wow...I've gotta get back to NYC. Cooler air, more energy to walk walk walk. Methi...
SEPTEMBER 11, 2001 "They landed with such force, according to an eyewitness who was watching along with New York's mayor, Rud...
About Bekah... from Sharlah's friend The doctors told Sharlah today that Bekah's virus has progressed to pneumonia. She had a ver...
Back from a week up here visiting my 2nd son and his wife. A totally good week. Cold Boston, just the way I like it for a visit.
Ok, let me start with the most recent page and go backwards a bit. Busy times and fun times. The challenge here was to use on off-cen...
While there were certainly many things wrong with 2017, we came through it alive and ready to take on the challenges of a new year. Each...
When most of my scrapping is Project Life, it's really fun to do challenges that let me tell stories that I want to be told. It doesn...