It's been a quiet week round here 'cause that's what a real snowfall will do. I was very glad I had done some serious shopping the weekend before. Plenty of all the necessities of life from toilet paper to milk to hot chocolate and many other goodies in between. The frigid temperatures also allowed me to use a big pot outside for the fridge overflow. I had planned to make cookies but wisely passed on that idea. Our waistlines are profiting from that decision!
1. We finally saw a movie together. He has to be dragged kicking and screaming towards the tv for one but the price of Redbox is right. Up to $1.27 now, and for that sum we saw "Captain Phillips". Having just had our pizza dinner, no popcorn was involved.
2. When that snow started, I was over at my JSJ friend's house. It's always lovely to see the bay in that kind of weather. It's always lovelier to be inside seeing that kind of weather on the bay! It's also very lovely to have someone other than me do all the shoveling. That's my dh!
3. On my last foray into the joy that is Wegmans, I found some Thai flavored stock. $2.49 a quart.
I'm deciding on what to use it with, hoping that I like it and it can be a regular in my pantry. I am more likely to have the fresh Thai ingredients in the summer and this seemed like it could be a good standby.
4. That snow cancelled my appointment to get a cortisone shot in my knee and that is delaying my return to aerobics. I am going back to chair Yoga today and will probably give Pilates a go next week. That cross country airplane sitting seems to have done a good number on my body and vacation didn't involve much movement. Not good.
5. A week of some breakthroughs in my volunteer work saga. You know the one friend you have who seems to see clearly through your fog? I saw her this week and she spelled out a few things she felt I was feeling. Yep. She helped me to define what is pretty much not definable. As always, I know what I don't want...I don't want to work in a room by myself for 4 hours. Office work I can deal with but the isolation...naw. I need people.
That pushed me to contact a group that works with middle school girls and Praise the Lord! I got an email response in a few hours, an email response from the coordinator which included her title, her phone number and the organization's website link. A proper signature. Ah... Once again, it's the small things like that that let you see that the organization is professionally run. I have hope!
- ► 2017 (147)
- ► 2016 (206)
- ► 2015 (209)
- Five on Friday: January 31, 2014
- Wordless Wednesday: January 29, 2014
- SOUP: Marilyn's Lasagne Soup
- AAM Monday: 2014 Project Life Begins
- Five on Friday: January 24, 2014
- Wordless Wednesday: January 22, 2014
- A Day Late and It's Ok
- AAM Monday - You Eat What?
- Five on Friday: January 17, 2014
- Ritual, Start My Day
- Wordless Wednesday: Thought of Her
- AAM Project Life 13 week 52
- AAM Project Life 13 Week 51
- Let's Tidy Up
- Catching Up
- Wordless Wednesday: January 01, 2014
- ▼ January (16)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (340)
SEPTEMBER 11, 2001 "They landed with such force, according to an eyewitness who was watching along with New York's mayor, Rud...
more than a thumbnail Originally uploaded by mudpig Wow...I've gotta get back to NYC. Cooler air, more energy to walk walk walk. Methi...
I often wonder how we really did live our lives before the net, and like a couple of jokers, I wish Al Gore had invented it sooner! One of ...
Wrapping up April even tho there are some days left. I will be busily engaged this last week so this is coming a bit early. WATCHED: Change...
All about me, and some recent movies. Usually I don't have a great deal of interest in the Oscars, and find that many of the movies do...
I saw the article on Matt in the weekend paper and I wonder why this wasn't suggested as a career choice back when "I" was in...
A week or so ago, we went to a fundraiser for Washington Jesuit Academy in DC at the Dock 5 of Union Market . It involved lots of food samp...
Not me nor my child but a friend and her mother. If you're a parent, I hope you've had this feeling.
At last it came. Easter, April Fools, the signs of Spring. While the week was not as warm as many Marylanders hoped it will be, it was perfe...