Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Travel With Me Tuesday...Where Ever I May Go

No, no post about the never-seems-to-be finished trip down the Rhine and Danube. The trip of November 2012.  I'll get back to it some time but as I missed the week of scrapping while on vacation last month I have to let that 2012 trip go for a bit. I'll finish my Project Life for this year and then see what 2014 brings.

So where am I not going this December?



Well, I've decided I'm not doing a December Daily this year. I'll do some pages of old Christmas memories but nothing day by day. I just can't deal with that. Not this year. We are doing a minimal amount of decoration for Christmas and both of us are content that way. It leaves me more energy to go places at the drop of the hat and socialize with people and cook for them. I'm not sure what I have less of...physical or emotional energy for the whole Christmas to-do but I suspect it's probably both. Focusing on Hospice work also gives me a different way of looking at what I think is important. Important for me right now.

Where else am I not going? Well for much the same reason, I'm not going to be taking the Adobe offer of Photoshop CC and LR5 for $9.99 a month for a year. I have LR5 already and really, when I look at all the things I want to do and really need to do, dealing with a new software program that I truly don't need isn't something I want to add to my plate. It wasn't easy saying No, but it feels right. Somehow it was one of those things just like seeing something at the Mall, like winter boots with a 5in heel,  that all the 'cool kids' have and almost buying them but stepping back and thinking ....I really don't want them and they sure don't suit me but still being pulled to get them.

But I am traveling, and expect to travel weekly. I will be off today crossing the Bay for my first 'real' session at Hospice. They are going to train me to write condolence letters. I feel that it won't be a great struggle as I'm rarely at a loss for words  but getting back on a PC has me a bit spooked. Uh...I love my Macs and when I've had to use a PC keyboard my fingers balk and my mind says...For chrissake, this is a clumsy bit of gear! and a tethered mouse??? so 1990s.  But, I'm hoping that I may be able to bring one of the resident Macbooks over and work on that with templates perhaps? We'll see, and if I do have to work with a PC, it will help me get back to being 'bi-lingual' i.e able to work on two platforms, even if one is 2nd rate in my prejudiced opinion.

Anything else? Well, I'm going to take some time and do easy things like those canning jars with the rosemary and candles. Simple, using things I have and restful to the spirit. A peaceful December I hope.  I hope your December journey fits your soul just fine.

1 comment:

radish38 said...

Sounds like you have made some great choices for the season. I have a few Christmas projects for my girls as a video for one.

Blog Archive

Popular Posts