The weather is playing games with us. We've had temperatures in the 60s which is good for more garden cleanup but not conducive to serious thoughts of winter. It's also the issue of clothes again. I have my winter clothes out in the closet but by afternoon it's not-quite-summer clothes but... Mama Nature, please make up your mind!
And so onto thoughts...
1. Having seen an obituary about a 50ish woman who died from cancer of the appendix, I am grateful that I had my appendix out when I was about 4. But, have you ever heard of cancer of the appendix???
2. Another bit of gratitude. DH talked to an old buddy for the first time in many, many years, and the man said his adult daughter called asking him which states were ok for her to go through carrying her Glock. WTF? Uh, fortunately, none of our children have ever raised this issue. We suspect we are poles apart from this man politically. Sad, because it would have been nice for dh to connect to someone he was very close too when they were in their teens and 20s. Different paths...
3. Need a good laugh? Thank you Pinterest.
4. Things you learn on the internet. Sometimes they are things you still cannot quite grasp. I saw the word "verucca" and needed to google it. Veruccas are warts. Now, I quote...A wart is a small, rough growth resembling a cauliflower or a solid blister. It typically occurs on humans' hands or feet but often in other locations." A cauliflower!?!?!? I will never see that vegetable without imagining it growing in places it shouldn't be growing, especially those 'other' locations.
5. Last but not least, also from Pinterest, a photo described as 'porn pants'. Sadly or fortunately, depending on your tastes, it was just a man in a pair of rather stylish and expensive looking leather trousers. Chacun a son gout.
Yes, this week could certainly have been subtitled News of the Weird. Just lucky I guess!
- ► 2017 (98)
- ► 2016 (206)
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- AAM Monday: Project Life 13 Week 50
- AAM Sunday: Project Life 13 Week 47 (belated)
- Flashback Friday: December 27, 2013
- Wordless Wednesday: December 25, 2013
- AAM Monday: Project Life 13 Week 49
- Super Quiet Sunday
- Five on Friday: December 20, 2013
- Today Was a Good Day
- Wordless Wednesday: December 18, 2013
- AAM: Project Life 13 Week 48
- Five on Friday: December 13, 2013
- What Do You See
- Wordless Wednesday: December 11, 2013
- Trevel With Me Tuesday: Boston Goodbye
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 46
- Five on Friday: December 6, 2013
- About This Tree
- Wordless Wednesday: December 4, 2013
- Travel With Me Tuesday...Where Ever I May Go
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 45
- ▼ December (20)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
I was looking at a tutorial to make images appeared curled, and while the narrator said you could do it in PSE, I found that there was a CS ...
original by tsevis
All about me, and some recent movies. Usually I don't have a great deal of interest in the Oscars, and find that many of the movies do...
I saw the article on Matt in the weekend paper and I wonder why this wasn't suggested as a career choice back when "I" was in...
What can I say? I just couldn't find one that was easily added. But I'll try, I'll try and maybe there will be one next week o...
Well after the death of the iMac and my not quite used to the new machine, I have done almost no scrapping so there won't be another wee...
SEPTEMBER 11, 2001 "They landed with such force, according to an eyewitness who was watching along with New York's mayor, Rud...
I often wonder how we really did live our lives before the net, and like a couple of jokers, I wish Al Gore had invented it sooner! One of ...
Did some scrapping yesterday but ran into the issue of Adobe vs Apple. It happens and has happened over the years but this time it was an is...
I don't often do a double page that is pretty much designed as a double from the start. This one was done that way, more or less, even t...