Just a bit of things I've thought of or seen lately.
1. It is now officially ok to start putting up Christmas decorations but you may be more of a traditionalist and wait til Sunday, December 1. I say go for it depending on your weather. My dh said he'd put up lights this year and I wish I'd been able to buy them before we went to Hilton Head when it was still warm. However, I do think those icicle lights would have looked strange, even when unlit.
2. When roads have signs saying 'speed enforced by aircraft' I always used to imagine an airplane driven missile striking you right into oblivion! Now I can imagine a drone doing the same... eek.
3. My dh was gracious enough to go partly on a back road on our return from Hilton Head and avoid I-95 when we could. He too was the one who saw the signs for a LeCreuset outlet and offered (!!!) to stop. This sign, out by the store in the middle of nowhere, made us wonder...
4. Are there swamps north of the Mason-Dixon line or are they a southern phenomenon? Or are they just called by another name...bog, marsh etc?
5. I have come to realize I am not a boiled peanut purist. Yes, eating hot ones is nice, but I'm just as happy with room temperature ones as I was the other night when I watched a movie. (But seriously, Netflix...what was going on with you? all my choices were unavailable (???) so I ended up watching the last 3/4 of The Bourne Legacy on HBO. Woo! boy, does Edward Norton have evil character down pat. He chills the blood.)
- ► 2017 (137)
- ► 2016 (206)
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- Five on Friday: November 29, 2013
- Grateful Gobbling To All
- Wordless Wednesday: November 27, 2013
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Boston, yes Boston
- Yes, I got Sick of It
- AAM Monday - Home Again and It Feels Good
- What I've Learned
- Five on Friday: November 22, 2013
- Wordless Wednesday: November 20, 2013
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Boston Continued
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 44
- Five on Friday: November 15, 2013
- Wordless Wednesday: November 13, 2013
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Boston
- My Father, My First Veteran
- Yes, Dave...It's Coffee's Sneaky Sister
- Touchscreen Gloves - How To
- Five on Friday: November 7, 2013
- A Month of Gratitude
- Wordless Wedsnesday: November 6, 2013
- Travel With Me Tuesday - Back to Boston
- AAM Monday:Project Life Week 43
- Five on Friday: November 1, 2013
- ▼ November (23)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
Another dose of my 30 Days of Thankful 'pages'.
Looking at some photos and thinking of December Daily already, I found this one. Probably 1970 in Knaresborough England. My then husband pul...
view from Marriott's 12th floor
I was looking at a tutorial to make images appeared curled, and while the narrator said you could do it in PSE, I found that there was a CS ...
Back home after a week dog sitting, it''s so nice to be home. Steely Dan and some nice visuals to go along side.
This was the week that I started to feel overwhelmed by the number of doctors I needed to visit. Some were easy enough like my eye docto...
By the time Thanksgiving comes this week, there's been a lot of times to be grateful as opposed to wanting. So 4 more images to share. ...
SEPTEMBER 11, 2001 "They landed with such force, according to an eyewitness who was watching along with New York's mayor, Rud...
That shot of me all wrapped was me prior to my colonoscopy. Certainly no screaming but in violation of the sign on the wall which says N...