It's Friday and I have 5 for you.
1. Yes, I'm old enough to remember Kennedy's assassination. I was in college but my ride didn't come and pick me up so I was home for the day. The tv was on because my Nana always liked it on. When the news came on, I recall looking at myself in the mirror in our living room. Was it to see if I believed it? was it to see if I had changed? I don't know but I recall doing that vividly. I also recall that I had a powder blue pleated skirt on. How strange memory is.
2. Today is my last day of vacation and it promises to be a warm - 70ish - humid day. The a/c went on by 7:15 and I doubt it will go off while I'm still here. Beaches are nice; humidity is not.
3. I have done very little cooking on this trip. Just happened that way.
4. While wandering around this island I went to Walmart for some boiled peanuts and found some Christmas ornaments for my grandson's family. Nice to find things associated with his college that were just $2. I'm wise about that because the purple of his high school is no longer in favor so I'll give the college colors a full year before splurging.
5. Pine cones. I have two plastic bags full. These are very fresh and I suspect will last a good while up north. They're way too pretty to spray gold or silver so the old ones may be the ones I decorate!
- ► 2017 (147)
- ► 2016 (206)
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- Five on Friday: November 29, 2013
- Grateful Gobbling To All
- Wordless Wednesday: November 27, 2013
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Boston, yes Boston
- Yes, I got Sick of It
- AAM Monday - Home Again and It Feels Good
- What I've Learned
- Five on Friday: November 22, 2013
- Wordless Wednesday: November 20, 2013
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Boston Continued
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 44
- Five on Friday: November 15, 2013
- Wordless Wednesday: November 13, 2013
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Boston
- My Father, My First Veteran
- Yes, Dave...It's Coffee's Sneaky Sister
- Touchscreen Gloves - How To
- Five on Friday: November 7, 2013
- A Month of Gratitude
- Wordless Wedsnesday: November 6, 2013
- Travel With Me Tuesday - Back to Boston
- AAM Monday:Project Life Week 43
- Five on Friday: November 1, 2013
- ▼ November (23)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (340)
SEPTEMBER 11, 2001 "They landed with such force, according to an eyewitness who was watching along with New York's mayor, Rud...
more than a thumbnail Originally uploaded by mudpig Wow...I've gotta get back to NYC. Cooler air, more energy to walk walk walk. Methi...
I often wonder how we really did live our lives before the net, and like a couple of jokers, I wish Al Gore had invented it sooner! One of ...
All about me, and some recent movies. Usually I don't have a great deal of interest in the Oscars, and find that many of the movies do...
Wrapping up April even tho there are some days left. I will be busily engaged this last week so this is coming a bit early. WATCHED: Change...
A week or so ago, we went to a fundraiser for Washington Jesuit Academy in DC at the Dock 5 of Union Market . It involved lots of food samp...
I saw the article on Matt in the weekend paper and I wonder why this wasn't suggested as a career choice back when "I" was in...
Not me nor my child but a friend and her mother. If you're a parent, I hope you've had this feeling.
At last it came. Easter, April Fools, the signs of Spring. While the week was not as warm as many Marylanders hoped it will be, it was perfe...