1. A busy week, though not a lot of things to do. Know what I mean? I tried to mentally slow down, and having coffee with a friend or two helped. These early dark nights make me ready to go to sleep a lot earlier than normal.
2. Have you ever had boiled peanuts? I love them and found that Walmart has them in tins, AND spiced. Still in their shells, they're a messy snack but one I enjoy.
3. This was a week to make soup. Three kinds. Pork posole, lasagna soup, and cheeseburger soup. The posole was for a boys night in dinner yesterday. I made it easier on myself, and bought the cornbread and one of the guests brought dessert. It's easy to please these men I've found. While I do think I give them good food, quantity is often the most important quality.
4. I am reading A Bittersweet Season, Caring for Our Aging Parents - and Ourselves. Neither my husband nor I have parents who are alive so the first part is a moot point. We do have each other though. I think this book could have done with a good bit of editing as well as more paragraph breaks. However, the volume of information that a person needs to navigate assisted living, nursing homes, hospitals and the completion of a probable Medicaid application is daunting. I wish the book had the checklists written out somewhere because they are hard to find when in a general narrative. I am, however, glad to have this read now when it's not an urgent matter and it's got me intent on gathering up more of our documentation now, rather than later.
5. The last two weekends we went out to dinner with friends. That was a lot of fun and I think I'd like to do it at least once a month. That takes planning but is so worth it.
- ► 2016 (206)
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- Five on Friday: November 29, 2013
- Grateful Gobbling To All
- Wordless Wednesday: November 27, 2013
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Boston, yes Boston
- Yes, I got Sick of It
- AAM Monday - Home Again and It Feels Good
- What I've Learned
- Five on Friday: November 22, 2013
- Wordless Wednesday: November 20, 2013
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Boston Continued
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 44
- Five on Friday: November 15, 2013
- Wordless Wednesday: November 13, 2013
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Boston
- My Father, My First Veteran
- Yes, Dave...It's Coffee's Sneaky Sister
- Touchscreen Gloves - How To
- Five on Friday: November 7, 2013
- A Month of Gratitude
- Wordless Wedsnesday: November 6, 2013
- Travel With Me Tuesday - Back to Boston
- AAM Monday:Project Life Week 43
- Five on Friday: November 1, 2013
- ▼ November (23)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
Our day started with a pickup by our driver and then later a switch to a shuttle bus to take us into York. We passed the train station an...
Once again, it was a Monday that was crazy with a trip to the Apple store to see if my iMac was ok. Yes, it was - big sigh of relief. App...
Back in 2011, I got a recipe from a woman on line and decided to make this baklava. None of it is very hard other than keeping the phyllo...
eat more veggies
I can't believe a week went by without another blog post. Where was I and what was I doing? Oh yes, cleaning up the wreckage left a...
Valentine's week but without red. I really liked this soft peachy color this week. We did have our normal lunch at the Severn Inn a...
Cleaned up the worktable pre trip. I love seeing the wood again! One bit remaining from punching a bunch of items to send on to little ...
Breast cancer....no, no, I don't have it but I have a mammogram scheduled for next month. Trust me, they are not that bad, and for the ...
My lad was out in Western MD for a few days, visiting friends and riding his bike. When he does this, he invariably comes home early and I g...
All about me, and some recent movies. Usually I don't have a great deal of interest in the Oscars, and find that many of the movies do...