Thursday, October 3, 2013

Shingles on my Mind - Project Life Week 38

Fortunately, the shingles I'm talking about are just about gone. But week 38 was colored by this unexpected and truly unwanted arrival. My dh believed that they would be gone in about 4 days. He never did have blisters but the pains in his head, not exactly what you'd call a headache, lingered and lingered and lingered. My good friend Judy has had shingles attacks over the years I've known her and sadly Dick, I believe, thought his case would be different as we've both had the shingles vaccine. I don't think he knew how much of a mild case he did have until a full two weeks passed. Please God this will not be a recurring event for him. Sick men are not my strength - yet. Perhaps that will change in the upcoming years. We shall see. In any case, Project Life and I are back to being nearly in synch which is good, because I sure do have a batch of projects I'm itching to get into!

I made Week 38 simple and to the point. The story is told, the images are shown and it's a done deal.



It was a week filled with a lot of unexpected events. Big events and small events. I finally got a new cotton bathmat after a lot, a lot, of looking. I’d still like the old fashioned kind. Judy came over for catchup & we shared our dismay at our studio clutter. She felt better seeing mine. The joy of having the housecleaners come. After seeing last week’s car fire, ambulances on our street took our breath away. They also took someone away on a stretcher. I got my flu shot at the Senior Center & came home with a packet of Twizzlers! A beautiful full moon in a pastel sky. I wanted to get the pigeon on the wires also but I was still learning IOS7. I voted but Dick did not make his election judge position because he came down with shingles. The antibiotics would be a part of his life for two weeks. We did have a good dinner at Chris’s and I made Dick a batch of kedgeree. It didn’t help with the shingles pain but at least his belly was happy. It was rather a stressful week but at least the clean house and the visit from Judy made it bearable for me. Unfortunately, neither of those helped Dick much.

1 comment:

Photocat said...

O hec, you certainy don't want shingles, let alone the repeat of it. Mr Wonderful had them a couple of years ago and I could not even look at him or it hurt. He was on the strongest painkillers for a week... It certainly was not over in a week. If I recall well I think it took a couple of weeks... Not funny and extremely painful!
And yes, it can come back if you had it once... ;o(((

Blog Archive

Popular Posts