Nice to start off the month with some things I like. It's always easy to find the things that irritate but it's also better to find the things that bring a smile to the face and to the heart.
1. When I read recipes from Jamie Oliver, I often wonder why we in the US don't use these phrases a bit more - a lug of oil or a knob of butter. Unless you're baking, recipes aren't stodgy formulas. I had a friend whose on-line recipe for chimichurri sauce called for several glugs of olive oil. Someone asked him how much a glug was. Just listen he said... Pull all the senses in when you cook. Glug, glug, glug. Doesn't that appeal more than three tablespoons or so? Give me a knob of butter, salted or unsalted, and I'm content.
2.Who can resist the first sighting of a batch of pumpkins? Yes, it means peaches are now almost a memory but even if the weather is still hot, those pumpkins bring out the child in all of us.
3. I was fortunate enough to spend a week at the ocean. I don't go in the water any more, no reason in particular, just don't and this time I didn't even bother to walk along the shore. I just looked and listened. The sound of the ocean is about the best sound in the world in my opinion. I wonder, if like having the weather in Southern California, I'd be spoiled if I had that ocean sound all the time. Would I still appreciate it so much?
4. Thinking of peaches, this is one image we didn't see on our trip but I've seen many a time myself driving down south. The Gaffney SC peach. Most of the photos you'll see on line look like they were taken while driving. It IS one of the best ways to get an idea of the size of that peach. And yes, that peach does look like a giant peach colored butt. Totally smile inducing.
5. Finally, the feeling I get when I return home from anywhere. Even if it's been the best of trips, home always gives me that ....well, comforting home feel. Everything fits me just right when I'm home. Clothes sometimes excluded.
- ► 2016 (206)
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- It's TIME!
- Wordless Wednesday: October 30, 2013
- AAM Monday Project Life Week 42
- Want To Be Happy?
- Five on Friday: October 25, 2013
- Last Day of School - Sorta
- Wordless Wednesday: October 23, 2013
- AAM Monday: Project Life, Week That Went Astray
- Five on Friday: October 18, 2013
- Project Life Week 41? not exactly
- Wordless Wednesday: October 16, 2013
- PL Week 39 Beach Time
- Was That More Rain?
- Five on Friday: October 11, 2013
- Wordless Wedsneday: Num Num Num
- It's Fall...Finally
- Five on Friday: October 4, 2013
- Shingles on my Mind - Project Life Week 38
- Wordless Wednesday: October 2, 2013
- ▼ October (20)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
Ten years ago I went into Washington DC to the Vietnam Memorial. It was a horribly hot and humid day, so much like the weather in South East...
I saw this photo of my daughter and two of her daughters on Facebook and really liked it. You never know what you'll find there. I saw a...
Click here to see more about straightening your wayward cushions from the clever one at Thistlewood Farm
I got myself on a roll last week and got caught up. Well not including week 21 and this being week 22. I could have done 21 yesterday but i...
Another week done, the week of the USNA graduation which to those of us who live here really means the stunning Blue Angels flying over our...
After all the rain, we have had two days of sun! It's amazing! I think I could get used to this and then of course, I'll complain...