Friday, October 25, 2013

Five on Friday: October 25, 2013

Yes, fall has arrived! It's BRISK outside!


1. In fact, it's so brisk I have decided to give myself a pass on aerobics this am. It's a bit of a reward for...

2. Becoming a certified Hospice Volunteer! My training is complete and once I have an interview to go over positions, godwilling, it will all fall into place. I am a bit more hesitant about doing actual patient care in the Resident wing after our hands on session last night. NO, not on actual patients. That would have been cruel but getting a thorough overview of what those volunteers actually do. I'm not quite sure I'm up to it...yet.

3. Have you ever wondered why some phrases change? Back in the day, ok back in my day, we graduated FROM hs/colllege etc and we waited IN line. Today it seems one graduates hs, graduates college and waits ON line.  How did those phrases change and why? Inquiring minds want to know...

4. The curried lentil/chickpea soup is finally gone so today I hope to make another mainly vegetarian soup - heavy on the bean side of life. Perhaps this will be the farewell to this year's basil soup.

5. There are Photostream issues on my iPhone. Somehow I now only have 71 images in Photostream but new photos are going right into Camera Roll - as they should - but not appearing in Photostream and thus not synching with my iMac. Again, my mind wonders.



No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts