Wow this week has gone by in a flash! Some of it has been a lot of exercise classes. Monday, Wednesday and Friday are aerobics. Tuesday and Thursday are Pilates. Friday is also a chair Yoga. I like them all but that aerobics still kicks my butt and I leave with my hair dripping. It's funny in class how weird it feels to have the sweat dripping from my hair onto my neck. Good for my but I've never been a happy sweat person. I'm learning to Get Over It.
1. My poor dh is still having the occasional nerve pain from the shingles. I've wondered what determines the area of the body that is affected by the ailment.
2. Baking is back! and I'm going to have to watch it. I made some delish brownies which I could have eaten in one sitting I think. Fortunately, we had some resolve and the pan lasted a few days. Not a long time but long enough to feel we had been sorta good.
3. Near failure. That was the batch of peanut butter cookies I made and that was the batch that burned. I said call them heavily caramelized and let's eat them. We are but I didn't have the energy to make the 2nd batch that was going to go to my grandson. Bad Nannie.
4. Halloween printing of banners for grandchildren is done. Now I just have to string them and mail them!
5. The autumn winds and weather have arrived. We also have had some very heavy rain due to the tropical storm Karen. It's been enough to put a chill through me and make me want to bake more and eat all that baking. It's also time for fall soups, preferably some good bean soups. Gotta balance that baking!
- ► 2016 (206)
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- It's TIME!
- Wordless Wednesday: October 30, 2013
- AAM Monday Project Life Week 42
- Want To Be Happy?
- Five on Friday: October 25, 2013
- Last Day of School - Sorta
- Wordless Wednesday: October 23, 2013
- AAM Monday: Project Life, Week That Went Astray
- Five on Friday: October 18, 2013
- Project Life Week 41? not exactly
- Wordless Wednesday: October 16, 2013
- PL Week 39 Beach Time
- Was That More Rain?
- Five on Friday: October 11, 2013
- Wordless Wedsneday: Num Num Num
- It's Fall...Finally
- Five on Friday: October 4, 2013
- Shingles on my Mind - Project Life Week 38
- Wordless Wednesday: October 2, 2013
- ▼ October (20)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
Ten years ago I went into Washington DC to the Vietnam Memorial. It was a horribly hot and humid day, so much like the weather in South East...
I saw this photo of my daughter and two of her daughters on Facebook and really liked it. You never know what you'll find there. I saw a...
Click here to see more about straightening your wayward cushions from the clever one at Thistlewood Farm
I got myself on a roll last week and got caught up. Well not including week 21 and this being week 22. I could have done 21 yesterday but i...
Another week done, the week of the USNA graduation which to those of us who live here really means the stunning Blue Angels flying over our...
I often wonder how we really did live our lives before the net, and like a couple of jokers, I wish Al Gore had invented it sooner! One of ...
After all the rain, we have had two days of sun! It's amazing! I think I could get used to this and then of course, I'll complain...