Friday, October 11, 2013

Five on Friday: October 11, 2013

Wow this week has gone by in a flash!  Some of it has been a lot of exercise classes. Monday, Wednesday and Friday are aerobics. Tuesday and Thursday are Pilates. Friday is also a chair Yoga.  I like them all but that aerobics still kicks my butt and I leave with my hair dripping. It's funny in class how weird it feels to have the sweat dripping from my hair onto my neck.  Good for my but I've never been a happy sweat person. I'm learning to Get Over It.

1. My poor dh is still having the occasional nerve pain from the shingles. I've wondered what determines the area of the body that is affected by the ailment.

2. Baking is back! and I'm going to have to watch it. I made some delish brownies which I could have eaten in one sitting I think. Fortunately, we had some resolve and the pan lasted a few days. Not a long time but long enough to feel we had been sorta good.

3. Near failure. That was the batch of peanut butter cookies I made and that was the batch that burned. I said call them heavily caramelized and let's eat them. We are but I didn't have the energy to make the 2nd batch that was going to go to my grandson. Bad Nannie.


4. Halloween printing of banners for grandchildren is done. Now I just have to string them and mail them!


5. The autumn winds and weather have arrived. We also have had some very heavy rain due to the tropical storm Karen. It's been enough to put a chill through me and make me want to bake more and eat all that baking. It's also time for fall soups, preferably some good bean soups. Gotta balance that baking!





1 comment:

Photocat said...

O my goodness, I am knackered just reading your work out program. As a lazy person I envy you for the energy you put in. ;o))

Blog Archive

Popular Posts