Thursday, September 5, 2013

What Tea Can Do

I saw a rubber stamp of a teapot on line and decided to make my own digital version of my own beloved Haddon Hall teapot by Minton. I loved this pattern when I lived in England and it was a lovely design well suited to have a cuppa with a friend.

This layout took a bit of a twist as it was being made. Funny how that sometimes happens!

The text on the right reads -

“He brewed his tea in a blue china pot,
poured it into a chipped white cup with
forget-me-nots on the handle,
and dropped in a dollop of honey and cream.
He sat by the window, cup in hand,
watching the first snow fall.
"I am," he sighed deeply "contented as a clam.
I am a most happy man.”
Ethel Pochocki, Wildflower Tea

1 comment:

Photocat said...

O Maureen, I love Haddon Hall. Have been on several occasions. If you do a search on my blog you must find posts about it. I love their dress up days, when people from the past roam around the corridors and rooms and kitchens. How neat to find Haddon Hall back in your post. Wonderful layout! I had no idea there was a Haddon Hall teapot... Do let me know if you need some Betty's tea... ;o)))

Blog Archive

Popular Posts