Sunday, September 1, 2013

Simply Sunday - September 1, 2013


Outside my window... I noticed the change of light on this first day of September. I noticed a week or so ago, but the angle was distinctly different this morning.  Shifting seasons.

I am thinking...that today might be the day to do some cooking for the next week.

I am thankful...for a long visit from my son and daughter in law yesterday. It's so good to see them have time to themselves after almost two decades of parenting. Being with them was being with two adults I not only love, but like.

In the kitchen...there is space now that several pieces of furniture are on their way to a new home.

I am wearing...my 'holey' soft jersey pants. Bit by bit they are wearing away but I'll keep them until they truly are unwearable. Now might be a good time to look for a replacement pair.

I am creating...more pieces of mailart. I need more space to see what I am doing and that can happen today, insh'allah.

I am going...nowhere special as far as I know. My dh may surprise me with a 'how about going to...' and that would be fine.

I am wondering...if I can combine a trip to see an old workmate with a trip to see a granddaughter.

I am reading...the newest old Jo Nesbo book. The Bat. It's the kind that you want to keep reading but don't want to end.

I am hoping...that we really don't have much more hot weather. Ok, no more hot AND humid weather.

I am looking forward to...the next episode of Breaking Bad. I bought the season because I realized that I could not tolerate staying up late (late for me) on the Sunday nights and putting up with the commercials. Seriously...commercials?

I am learning...that I really do have a good grasp of PSE and how satisfying that is. It has been 5 years, with all the updates, so feeling comfortable is a good thing.

Around the house...I realized I have to find a few more stash/place for pickup/landing zone spots with a table or two no longer in our downstairs area.

I am pondering...how one child can be so aware of life's deep issues at such an early age. She really is an old soul.

A favorite quote for today...Lighten up and laugh often!

One of my favorite things...is a day off of the exercise routine because of tomorrow's holiday. I feel a bit guilty about being happy but not terribly guilty.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Having the last birthday of my 60s is enough to think about. Maybe a visit to a Middle East Festival? otherwise, nothing planned for the week except the various exercise classes. I like that kind of week.

A peek into one my of my days...




This idea comes from The Simple Woman's Daybook.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts