September! where have you gone? Is it the shorter days that seem to make this month go quickly or is it all the things that feel like they need doing as the seasons change? Here in Maryland we have bursts of cool days when I want to put all the summer stuff away and out of sight, but then typically there are those days in October that cry out for sandals and air conditioning, I'm used to it but I still don't love it.
1. IOS7? yes, I've upgraded. So far so good. All my bits and pieces seem to work just fine on both devices. I'll hold out a bit on the upgrade on the iMac, tho my dh did his. I like to let him be my beta tester.
2. I signed up on line for a new volunteer job. I like doing this kind of thing on line but...didn't I have a devil of a time with the 'captcha' security codes. I usually have to keep switching them til I can see one clearly but this form didn't give me the option. When it didn't end (i.e. the form still appeared to need submitting) I kept at it. I either sent them one form, none, or five. I had hoped to avoid printing it, filling it in, scanning it, and then faxing. We'll see ...
3. Change of season reminds me to oil my soapstone counters. Oh when I do it, I always wonder why I don't do it more often. Probably because one of the residents of this house is always eating a meal or needing one cooked. I set limits last night! My counters now look dreamy. I love my soapstone!
4. Bought myself a $-store chain for my glasses, red sparklies, and my dh says it looks like I have blood dripping down my cheek. Not the image I wanted. Would the green have looked like I was growing moss?
5. Any recipe that starts with one or two ripe avocados makes me wish I were in CA for a quick shopping trip! Ripe avocados? do they exist round here? I would eat one every day - at least - if I could find them.
No matter what you have to eat or do, be sure to have a great weekend!
- ► 2016 (206)
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- Playing with Bees
- AAM Project Life 13 Wk 37
- Not My Target
- Five on Friday: September 20, 2013
- Still More Project Life
- Wordless Wednesday: Size is Relative
- AAM: Project Life Weeks 34 and 35
- Five on Friday: September 13, 2013
- Hello Big Water
- A Pink Mist 9/11/01
- "Deja Vu All Over Again?"
- Pretty Memory
- Five on Friday: September 6, 2013
- What Tea Can Do
- Wordless Wednesday: It's All in the Name
- AAM - Project Life 13 Week 33
- Simply Sunday - September 1, 2013
- ▼ September (18)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
eat more veggies
This was actually a dinner made on Thursday but as I will be at The Symphony this evening, I wrote this one ahead for you. You may consider...
Cleaned up the worktable pre trip. I love seeing the wood again! One bit remaining from punching a bunch of items to send on to little ...
Wrapping up April even tho there are some days left. I will be busily engaged this last week so this is coming a bit early. WATCHED: Change...
Recently, I found this photo of me and my cousin Joe. I'd say we are about 4-5 years old here. We are - obviously- in my bedroom with al...
A lot of bits and pieces this week. Hopefully, the last snow and ice. It didn't last long but it did make walking round the house ra...
Ok, no chicken dinner but better than that, a chance to win a super kit collection from Sabrina's Creations at The Lilypad. Looks lik...
The whole point of our trip to Charlottesville VA was to to to the Green Valley book fair up near Harrisonburg. We buy books for a boys...
Despite the Dec 1967 tag on the photo, I know this one was taken earlier. We have summer warmish weather clothes on so I'm guessing it...
Kaija in Finlad has her own beautiful blog where she shares some of her amazing hand bound books. I cannot fathom doing such detailed and l...