Sunday, August 25, 2013

Sunday Reflections: August 25 2013


I haven't done this reflection for a while but it just seems like it's time again.

Outside my window...there is a fig tree, my own tree, finally bearing fruit.

I am thinking...that I am grateful to have stayed home last night. I watched 3 PBS shows of English detectives. Three shows all set in the Great North.

 

I am thankful...for all of it.

In the kitchen...my husband is eating his breakfast, and once again he's feeling the chill of the late summer morning.

I am wearing...my pajamas.

I am creating...envelopes for SEWN mail art I want to send out tomorrow.

I am going...to Ikea today, probably.

I am wondering...if I have time to make more SEWN cards today too.

I am reading...The Reluctant Fundamentalist. Maybe I can squeeze that in today to finish in one fell swoop.

I am hoping...that the day remains as calm as I expect it to be. I'm hoping I don't fill it with too much.

I am looking forward to... every second of it!

I am learning...how to use my FitBit - in fits and starts.

Around the house...the air is cool and the mood is calm.

I am pondering...not very much. My mind is enjoying the silence of a Sunday morning.

A favorite quote for today...Be still and know that I am God.

One of my favorite things...is still blogging and reading others' blogs. As was said on The Digi Show, we get a chance to view others' lives, see how they live, see how they think, and we get to expand our own world.  Happy Sunday to you!


This idea comes from The Simple Woman's Daybook.

2 comments:

Photocat said...

I will probably fix your Dales mental trip today or tomorrow. I went up to drive over the purple heathered moors on saturday... I will share!
Your sunday sounds nice and refreshing. I am all for PJ days now and then. Just being in the nest and forget about the outside world. ;o))) But yes, there are the blogs to keep up with that do widen our world...

A happy heart at home said...

Hi! I enjoyed reading your daybook. I like quiet times at home, too, and the cool fall weather. I hope you have a great week!

Blog Archive

Popular Posts