Almost the end of summer, even tho I know it's technically around til the Autumn Equinox - September 21 I think? And yes, here in MD, it often seems likes summer well into October. This weekend is usually considered the end of summer with the long Labor Day weekend and the traditional return to school. I truly don't get going back to school mid August. I'm glad that wasn't part of my going to school years.
1. On the summer note, this has not been a great year for fruit. There are still peaches at one of the grocery stores for 99c a lb but I'm not sure if they are worth getting. Not a great amount of flavor this year. I may have a few figs left to pick on our tree but the birds are out in force and I don't mess with a flock of birds. Sadly, my neighbor isn't doing much picking this year. I think his main tree is too tall for him to try and climb a ladder into it. I may see about pruning mine so it doesn't get taller.
2. My FitBit wristband bit the dust. Putting the band on after it was too loose over night, I ended up snapping it and it came unglued. Literally. It's now ready to be picked up by UPS and replaced. I tried getting another wristband at Best Buy but no luck. No bands and not much else in the whole tracker field. Oh well...maybe I'll have a long weekend break for tracking.
3. While the FitBit bit the dust, I also felt like I was ready to this a.m. at aerobics. I log that hour as Zumba on the FB since we do a lot of Latin dance routines. I think the humidity is getting to us even though we are in an air-conditioned room. I could have laid down on the floor and gone to sleep when we were done. I didn't though since the Chair exercisers were headed in as we left.
4. On my way home I snapped this. Is this a sign from God that I am meant to be a couch potato since this new store is only a couple of blocks away??? That's one worth pondering. Actually it isn't since with our old house and its small rooms we are maxed out with a 40" screen.
5. I was the only student in today's Chair Yoga and that was great. The teacher's mother died last weekend and I think the quiet of the yoga helped us both. I was able to share a finger hold for her sadness/grief and we did a mediation at the end sending light to anyone. I sent it to her mother and mine and I felt the sadness ...and tears welled up. I think our mothers miss us too. It was all good.
So for those of you on a long weekend - enjoy it and be safe! Everyone else...do the same. :)
- ► 2017 (107)
- ► 2016 (206)
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- Five on Friday: August 30, 2013
- Project Life: Week 31
- Wordless Wednesday: August 28, 2013
- Tuesday Tutorial: Cut Out Text
- Sunday Reflections: August 25 2013
- Five on Friday: August 23, 2013
- Project Life Week 30
- Wordless Wednesday: Men at Work
- Five? Not Even One On Friday
- Project Life: 13 wk 29
- Wordless Wednesday: The Voice of the Turtle???
- AAM Monday LIttle Time for Fun
- Five on Friday: August 2, 2013
- I sew, I sew
- ▼ August (14)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
SEPTEMBER 11, 2001 "They landed with such force, according to an eyewitness who was watching along with New York's mayor, Rud...
What can I say? I just couldn't find one that was easily added. But I'll try, I'll try and maybe there will be one next week o...
All about me, and some recent movies. Usually I don't have a great deal of interest in the Oscars, and find that many of the movies do...
original by tsevis
I was looking at a tutorial to make images appeared curled, and while the narrator said you could do it in PSE, I found that there was a CS ...
The whole point of our trip to Charlottesville VA was to to to the Green Valley book fair up near Harrisonburg. We buy books for a boys...
I saw the article on Matt in the weekend paper and I wonder why this wasn't suggested as a career choice back when "I" was in...
Cleaned up the worktable pre trip. I love seeing the wood again! One bit remaining from punching a bunch of items to send on to little ...
Miata? Historic tags?
This was actually a dinner made on Thursday but as I will be at The Symphony this evening, I wrote this one ahead for you. You may consider...