Ah...Friday. Even tho I'm retired, Friday still has a bit of that Phew feeling because I have no exercise classes on Saturday or Sunday. My own kind of weekend.
1. Talking with a relative this week, we agreed that it's way too late in our lives to deal with high school/teenage kind of drama. (High school students are allowed this kind of 'foolishness' because that's appropriate to their stage in life.) But being sucked into this kind of drama whether at work or on Facebook etc Naw...count us out. Saying no to the drama feels really good.
2. Yes! I finally got the Fitbit I wanted and will have to google around to answer some of the questions I have. FB says restless during the night. I say awake.
3. Tracking food? I bit that bullet and finally started to do it too. Will I eat fewer not-so-great foods if I 'have to' write it down? And finding the calories of stuff will be an ongoing little project I sense.
4. My grandson has started college, with his first class yesterday. Right now Dad is at home taking use-it-or-lose-it leave but in a week, the effect of losing one driver will affect the rest of the family. A different kind of missing him.
5. I shifted my JinShinJyutsu energy work this week. After a weekend class with the wonderful 6 scheduled sessions, my knee and ankle are feeling a lot better. Letting go of a few things also helps a lot. I see hope that the muscle issues can resolve without surgery.
- ► 2016 (206)
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- Five on Friday: August 30, 2013
- Project Life: Week 31
- Wordless Wednesday: August 28, 2013
- Tuesday Tutorial: Cut Out Text
- Sunday Reflections: August 25 2013
- Five on Friday: August 23, 2013
- Project Life Week 30
- Wordless Wednesday: Men at Work
- Five? Not Even One On Friday
- Project Life: 13 wk 29
- Wordless Wednesday: The Voice of the Turtle???
- AAM Monday LIttle Time for Fun
- Five on Friday: August 2, 2013
- I sew, I sew
- ▼ August (14)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
eat more veggies
This was actually a dinner made on Thursday but as I will be at The Symphony this evening, I wrote this one ahead for you. You may consider...
Cleaned up the worktable pre trip. I love seeing the wood again! One bit remaining from punching a bunch of items to send on to little ...
Wrapping up April even tho there are some days left. I will be busily engaged this last week so this is coming a bit early. WATCHED: Change...
Recently, I found this photo of me and my cousin Joe. I'd say we are about 4-5 years old here. We are - obviously- in my bedroom with al...
A lot of bits and pieces this week. Hopefully, the last snow and ice. It didn't last long but it did make walking round the house ra...
Ok, no chicken dinner but better than that, a chance to win a super kit collection from Sabrina's Creations at The Lilypad. Looks lik...
The whole point of our trip to Charlottesville VA was to to to the Green Valley book fair up near Harrisonburg. We buy books for a boys...
Despite the Dec 1967 tag on the photo, I know this one was taken earlier. We have summer warmish weather clothes on so I'm guessing it...
Kaija in Finlad has her own beautiful blog where she shares some of her amazing hand bound books. I cannot fathom doing such detailed and l...