1. After last weekend's 'hotter than July' weather, we are back to cool summer days. What I call San Diego weather. I cannot complain - at all.
2. Each day I have been sticking to one of my summer manifest goals of making sure I'm outside for an hour . (Thank you Ali Edwards for this idea.) Mostly, I sign off from whatever I've been doing around 3pm, and go out onto the deck to read. I'm in the shade, so no, it's not tanning time, I have a book, a glass of iced tea, and perfect weather. The way summer should be but rarely is in MD.
3. The grocery store had some hard small peaches for 99c a pound and I bought four the other day. They are in a bag with a banana with the hope they will ripen not rot. It's always a crap shoot this early in the season.
4. My dh is going to Alaska this summer for a short conference. I declined. However, all of our friends are asking "Are you going fishing?" Sadly, not this year but many of them do recall the summer he had a fabulous catch and shared some of the halibut. Right now we're hoarding the last bits we have left from the most recent trip. Soon it will be $17.95 a lb (if we're lucky!) for halibut if he wants to buy some here.
5. Just when you think the insanity may be over, it starts up again. Why don't I remember what I was told... that I cannot expect a healthy normal. Prayers would be appreciated.
- ► 2016 (206)
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- I Have a ?
- Slip of the Hand
- Five on Friday: June 28, 2013
- I can see clearly now...
- Wordless Wednesday: June 26, 2013
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Passau, Part 2
- AAM Monday - Project Life Week 23
- Busy Days, Busy Days
- Wordless Wednesday: Busted!
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Passau Germany
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 22
- Weekend Break
- 5 on Friday - June 7, 2013
- Wordless Wednesday: Joy
- Travel With Me Tuesday - More Cesky Krumlov
- AAM Monday - A Movie a Week
- Wise Words
- Time To Gripe - A Recent List
- ▼ June (18)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
eat more veggies
This was actually a dinner made on Thursday but as I will be at The Symphony this evening, I wrote this one ahead for you. You may consider...
Cleaned up the worktable pre trip. I love seeing the wood again! One bit remaining from punching a bunch of items to send on to little ...
Wrapping up April even tho there are some days left. I will be busily engaged this last week so this is coming a bit early. WATCHED: Change...
Recently, I found this photo of me and my cousin Joe. I'd say we are about 4-5 years old here. We are - obviously- in my bedroom with al...
A lot of bits and pieces this week. Hopefully, the last snow and ice. It didn't last long but it did make walking round the house ra...
Ok, no chicken dinner but better than that, a chance to win a super kit collection from Sabrina's Creations at The Lilypad. Looks lik...
The whole point of our trip to Charlottesville VA was to to to the Green Valley book fair up near Harrisonburg. We buy books for a boys...
Despite the Dec 1967 tag on the photo, I know this one was taken earlier. We have summer warmish weather clothes on so I'm guessing it...
Kaija in Finlad has her own beautiful blog where she shares some of her amazing hand bound books. I cannot fathom doing such detailed and l...