1. After last weekend's 'hotter than July' weather, we are back to cool summer days. What I call San Diego weather. I cannot complain - at all.
2. Each day I have been sticking to one of my summer manifest goals of making sure I'm outside for an hour . (Thank you Ali Edwards for this idea.) Mostly, I sign off from whatever I've been doing around 3pm, and go out onto the deck to read. I'm in the shade, so no, it's not tanning time, I have a book, a glass of iced tea, and perfect weather. The way summer should be but rarely is in MD.
3. The grocery store had some hard small peaches for 99c a pound and I bought four the other day. They are in a bag with a banana with the hope they will ripen not rot. It's always a crap shoot this early in the season.
4. My dh is going to Alaska this summer for a short conference. I declined. However, all of our friends are asking "Are you going fishing?" Sadly, not this year but many of them do recall the summer he had a fabulous catch and shared some of the halibut. Right now we're hoarding the last bits we have left from the most recent trip. Soon it will be $17.95 a lb (if we're lucky!) for halibut if he wants to buy some here.
5. Just when you think the insanity may be over, it starts up again. Why don't I remember what I was told... that I cannot expect a healthy normal. Prayers would be appreciated.
- ► 2017 (106)
- ► 2016 (206)
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- I Have a ?
- Slip of the Hand
- Five on Friday: June 28, 2013
- I can see clearly now...
- Wordless Wednesday: June 26, 2013
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Passau, Part 2
- AAM Monday - Project Life Week 23
- Busy Days, Busy Days
- Wordless Wednesday: Busted!
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Passau Germany
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 22
- Weekend Break
- 5 on Friday - June 7, 2013
- Wordless Wednesday: Joy
- Travel With Me Tuesday - More Cesky Krumlov
- AAM Monday - A Movie a Week
- Wise Words
- Time To Gripe - A Recent List
- ▼ June (18)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
SEPTEMBER 11, 2001 "They landed with such force, according to an eyewitness who was watching along with New York's mayor, Rud...
What can I say? I just couldn't find one that was easily added. But I'll try, I'll try and maybe there will be one next week o...
All about me, and some recent movies. Usually I don't have a great deal of interest in the Oscars, and find that many of the movies do...
original by tsevis
I was looking at a tutorial to make images appeared curled, and while the narrator said you could do it in PSE, I found that there was a CS ...
I saw the article on Matt in the weekend paper and I wonder why this wasn't suggested as a career choice back when "I" was in...
Cleaned up the worktable pre trip. I love seeing the wood again! One bit remaining from punching a bunch of items to send on to little ...
The whole point of our trip to Charlottesville VA was to to to the Green Valley book fair up near Harrisonburg. We buy books for a boys...
Miata? Historic tags?
This was actually a dinner made on Thursday but as I will be at The Symphony this evening, I wrote this one ahead for you. You may consider...