Sunday, May 19, 2013

Waiting For Some Rain

Most of my gardening is done. I still have many petunias to plant but I had hoped to spray paint the planters first. I emptied the dirt into another container so that job is on hold now. With the cooler weather we've been having, the plants are doing fine even in their little market packs. In the usual May weather, they would have burned up. Not this year.

One of the planters I emptied had chives in it. I love chives - to eat - and for the wonderful flowers. I have many many chives now since they do multiply - a lot! - except for the place I planted the thinnings one year as a border. Not one made it. ???



But today I wait for a bit more rain. Right now it's like an Irish mist. Not rain but moisture you can walk through. I told my dh yesterday that some of these days are like the PNW or the old English summers I remember. A day great for the skin and the garden and really,  not a bad day to wait.


1 comment:

Marysol said...

Love chives, but especially its pretty flowers. How do you plan to use them—salads?

M, temperatures have quickly climbed to several showers a day here. Oh, I wish we could trade places.

Blog Archive

Popular Posts