Summer seems to be here...blessedly she has arrived gently. The winds have died down and we look forward to temperatures in the 80s. High enough that dh and I have to turn the a/c on in our offices but otherwise just right for this time of year.
1. Last night I attended a donor thank you event at the Maryland Food Bank. The statistics on hunger in MD, a rather affluent state, are dismaying. I've decided that I need more volunteer time out of the house so I'll start doing some work at their site in June, not just donate money. It's a huge warehouse with a whole lot of food coming in and going out just as fast. There's still not enough. :(
2. My dh is still sick. There appears to be a serious cough going round and I am hearing it in our house. Men are not good patients in my experience. 'nuff said.
3. My Senior Center is having a Yard Sale so I have been gathering up odds and ends to take in. The deadline is May 15. Sadly, for some reason I thought the 15th was today, Friday. I ought to check the calendar more often.
4. There hasn't been much cooking chez nous lately, but this afternoon I'm going to start a pot of posole. Maybe for us and maybe for a 'boys night in' dinner next week. If I decide on the latter, I'll have to do it in stages since those cold nights of putting a soup pot outside are long gone. I may even freeze the pork/broth and add the veggies and posole later. Not a world shattering decision but ...
5. Five for 5 days and counting. May 22 is a big day for our family. More next week.
Have a great weekend!
- ► 2018 (68)
- ► 2017 (147)
- ► 2016 (206)
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- Five on Friday: May 31, 2013
- Just Don't Have the Wall for It
- Wordless Wednesday: Amazed, I Was...
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Passau-Cesky Krumlov
- Memorial Day Memory
- Five on Friday - May 24, 2013
- Just Under The Wire
- Wordless Wednesday: Memories of Umbria
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Regensburg
- AAM Monday; Project Life Wk 20
- Waiting For Some Rain
- Five on Friday: May 17, 2013
- Haste Makes Regret
- Wordless Wednesday: How Do You Use This
- AAM Monday - The Boy Nailed It
- Erma Said It
- Loved That Day
- We've Been Thinking
- Five on Friday: May 10, 2013
- Dirty Nails Day
- Wordless Wednesday: May 8 2013
- Project Life: Week 17
- I've Been Thinking
- Five on Friday: May 3, 2013
- Wordless Wednesday - Talk About Good!
- ▼ May (25)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (340)
I have my books noted on line but I realized I tend to forget what it is I watched on tv. Most days, I am on my computer a lot but do take t...
I was taking a bit of a blog break recently with lots of visiting with family and friends. So a couple of weeks of Project Life here. Hope y...
fron On Sutton Place
Don't ask me where the time has gone. I feel like I've been in a bit of a fog lately no doubt by the World Cup but then also by the ...
It's funny that when ever we get together down North Carolina way, we often end up having dinner at the same restaurant. Is it tradition...
SEPTEMBER 11, 2001 "They landed with such force, according to an eyewitness who was watching along with New York's mayor, Rud...
A week that involved a lot of visiting to and fro. It became a busy week with not so much else going on but isn't that a typical sum...
as seen on this Instagram account
Week sixteen started out as a chilly rainy Sunday but one that was fun. The rest of my week involved time at the Washington Retreat Cen...
So even though the policy is rescinded, I still ask WWJD with so many of 45's policies. Seriously? Pence? This is the spirit of ...