Summer seems to be here...blessedly she has arrived gently. The winds have died down and we look forward to temperatures in the 80s. High enough that dh and I have to turn the a/c on in our offices but otherwise just right for this time of year.
1. Last night I attended a donor thank you event at the Maryland Food Bank. The statistics on hunger in MD, a rather affluent state, are dismaying. I've decided that I need more volunteer time out of the house so I'll start doing some work at their site in June, not just donate money. It's a huge warehouse with a whole lot of food coming in and going out just as fast. There's still not enough. :(
2. My dh is still sick. There appears to be a serious cough going round and I am hearing it in our house. Men are not good patients in my experience. 'nuff said.
3. My Senior Center is having a Yard Sale so I have been gathering up odds and ends to take in. The deadline is May 15. Sadly, for some reason I thought the 15th was today, Friday. I ought to check the calendar more often.
4. There hasn't been much cooking chez nous lately, but this afternoon I'm going to start a pot of posole. Maybe for us and maybe for a 'boys night in' dinner next week. If I decide on the latter, I'll have to do it in stages since those cold nights of putting a soup pot outside are long gone. I may even freeze the pork/broth and add the veggies and posole later. Not a world shattering decision but ...
5. Five for 5 days and counting. May 22 is a big day for our family. More next week.
Have a great weekend!
- ► 2017 (147)
- ► 2016 (206)
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- Five on Friday: May 31, 2013
- Just Don't Have the Wall for It
- Wordless Wednesday: Amazed, I Was...
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Passau-Cesky Krumlov
- Memorial Day Memory
- Five on Friday - May 24, 2013
- Just Under The Wire
- Wordless Wednesday: Memories of Umbria
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Regensburg
- AAM Monday; Project Life Wk 20
- Waiting For Some Rain
- Five on Friday: May 17, 2013
- Haste Makes Regret
- Wordless Wednesday: How Do You Use This
- AAM Monday - The Boy Nailed It
- Erma Said It
- Loved That Day
- We've Been Thinking
- Five on Friday: May 10, 2013
- Dirty Nails Day
- Wordless Wednesday: May 8 2013
- Project Life: Week 17
- I've Been Thinking
- Five on Friday: May 3, 2013
- Wordless Wednesday - Talk About Good!
- ▼ May (25)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
What can I say? I just couldn't find one that was easily added. But I'll try, I'll try and maybe there will be one next week o...
SEPTEMBER 11, 2001 "They landed with such force, according to an eyewitness who was watching along with New York's mayor, Rud...
This was actually a dinner made on Thursday but as I will be at The Symphony this evening, I wrote this one ahead for you. You may consider...
Saw this over on Bits and Pieces and it got my day started with a smile. How The Day Sounds from Miky Wolf on Vimeo . Hope you like ho...
Miata? Historic tags?
My lad was out in Western MD for a few days, visiting friends and riding his bike. When he does this, he invariably comes home early and I g...
Kaija in Finlad has her own beautiful blog where she shares some of her amazing hand bound books. I cannot fathom doing such detailed and l...
The whole point of our trip to Charlottesville VA was to to to the Green Valley book fair up near Harrisonburg. We buy books for a boys...
but maybe I still should
original by tsevis