It's been a bit of a hectic day in our home. The long awaited installation of the shelves to raise the washer and dryer is almost happening. Lots of noise chez nous. Drilling kind of noise.
1. Patience with workers in my home is not a given. I may have gratitude but I am short on patience. Just get it done and stop chattering.
2. Today was a pedicure day, going from deep blood red to a bright red. I was sorely tempted to consider a gel manicure. I really haven't had many manicures since my years in Thailand...the mid 70s...and I apparently have no ability to keep polish unchipped for more than a day or two nor to do it myself. But $32 for a two week guarantee? I think I may stick to the buffing cube.
3. My middle child is moving the week from AZ to CA. He is the son who thought he was fairly apolitical til he moved to AZ. I'm so glad he's out of the place where they think it's a good idea to 'put the panic back in Hispanic.' Dear God almighty. Do they ever wonder..WWJD?
4. I was thinking this week of an old practice that my mother taught me. If you still use bars of soap, buy a couple when on sale, and take them out of the wrapper. Put the bars in a drawer of clothes to scent or out in the open in a basket in the bathroom, but more importantly, to dry out. A month or two is good but even longer is better. Dried out, a bar of soap lasts a long time If you have children using bars of soap you'll know how fast one can get used up. Dry your soap out and watch it last longer.
5. The vivid yellow of forsythia and daffodils looks so very good in my yard. It could look a lot better if the beds were weeded and mulched but I'll take what I have and enjoy the color contrast as it is.
- ► 2017 (147)
- ► 2016 (206)
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- Tuesday Tutorial: Easy Extraction..Well Maybe
- AAM Monday - Project Life Week 15
- Still Smiling About This
- Five on Friday - April 26, 2013
- Wordless Wednesday - April 24, 2013
- Ryan who?
- How I Learned to Scrub
- 5+ On Friday aka What's On Your...
- Lightroom 5 - I'm yours!
- Ah Italia, How I Miss You
- AAM Monday - Project Life Marches On
- It's Market Time plus More
- Five on Friday : Now That You've Asked
- Genoa - Passeggiatta
- Wordless Wednesday April 10 2013 - I Was There
- Tuesday Tutorial - Lightroom, Have Your Cake and E...
- AAM Monday - Back on the Chain-gang
- Food Memories...Make Me Hungry
- Five on Friday: April 5, 2013
- Project Life, Moving Along - Week 13
- Wordless Wednesday : So Very London
- Travel With Me Tuesday - Nurnberg
- Tuesday Tutorial - Super Dotted Lines
- AAM Monday - Tis The Season
- ▼ April (25)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (340)
SEPTEMBER 11, 2001 "They landed with such force, according to an eyewitness who was watching along with New York's mayor, Rud...
We moved to Thailand with two sons and were expected to be there for two years. However, in that time we adopted a little three year old lit...
Yep, I missed Monday, not because it was a holiday, but because it was damp and miserable. I'm sure I did stuff but who knows? I did wat...
A simple week, with rain, reading and a memorial service for a friend. The little black bordered photo on the first page came from the BBC ...
I often wonder how we really did live our lives before the net, and like a couple of jokers, I wish Al Gore had invented it sooner! One of ...
About Bekah... from Sharlah's friend The doctors told Sharlah today that Bekah's virus has progressed to pneumonia. She had a ver...
What can I say? I just couldn't find one that was easily added. But I'll try, I'll try and maybe there will be one next week o...
as seen on Pinterest
It's funny that when ever we get together down North Carolina way, we often end up having dinner at the same restaurant. Is it tradition...