No, not the Christmas season. The season to think spring in the house. I've never been one to do a serious spring clean, but it's this time that makes me want to open the windows, air the house out BEFORE the heavy pollen hits. It's also time to change the winter bedding for lighter versions. If we still get a cold snap, tho by April it's unlikely, we have a heated mattress pad that can change any night weather into cozy. Light colored kitchen towels replace the winter reds. Little changes that imply bigger changes, internal changes.
I would love to get serious about renovating the upstairs bathroom with tiled floors, heated tile!, a shift of the tub and shower to make a walk in shower but with a wall somehow to block the water from the whole bathroom. Any glass will be frosted so the inevitable soap and water marks don't show. Lots of ideas that have not yet crystalized into solid plans.
The bathroom also needs a replacement window and new storage units. The bathroom needs $$$. I hesitate to get serious about this as I may have a big expense coming up. It all depends on many things and many other people. No one can decide yet, including us. It's one of those hallways of life. So while I wait, I freshen up what I can, air out my surroundings and my mind, and wait.
It's also the waiting season.
- ► 2017 (147)
- ► 2016 (206)
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- Tuesday Tutorial: Easy Extraction..Well Maybe
- AAM Monday - Project Life Week 15
- Still Smiling About This
- Five on Friday - April 26, 2013
- Wordless Wednesday - April 24, 2013
- Ryan who?
- How I Learned to Scrub
- 5+ On Friday aka What's On Your...
- Lightroom 5 - I'm yours!
- Ah Italia, How I Miss You
- AAM Monday - Project Life Marches On
- It's Market Time plus More
- Five on Friday : Now That You've Asked
- Genoa - Passeggiatta
- Wordless Wednesday April 10 2013 - I Was There
- Tuesday Tutorial - Lightroom, Have Your Cake and E...
- AAM Monday - Back on the Chain-gang
- Food Memories...Make Me Hungry
- Five on Friday: April 5, 2013
- Project Life, Moving Along - Week 13
- Wordless Wednesday : So Very London
- Travel With Me Tuesday - Nurnberg
- Tuesday Tutorial - Super Dotted Lines
- AAM Monday - Tis The Season
- ▼ April (25)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
What can I say? I just couldn't find one that was easily added. But I'll try, I'll try and maybe there will be one next week o...
SEPTEMBER 11, 2001 "They landed with such force, according to an eyewitness who was watching along with New York's mayor, Rud...
This was actually a dinner made on Thursday but as I will be at The Symphony this evening, I wrote this one ahead for you. You may consider...
Saw this over on Bits and Pieces and it got my day started with a smile. How The Day Sounds from Miky Wolf on Vimeo . Hope you like ho...
Miata? Historic tags?
My lad was out in Western MD for a few days, visiting friends and riding his bike. When he does this, he invariably comes home early and I g...
Kaija in Finlad has her own beautiful blog where she shares some of her amazing hand bound books. I cannot fathom doing such detailed and l...
The whole point of our trip to Charlottesville VA was to to to the Green Valley book fair up near Harrisonburg. We buy books for a boys...
but maybe I still should
original by tsevis