Translate

Sunday, March 3, 2013

When the Time Is Right - A Short Short Story


All about finally letting go...


A foot note to this story is that a few months after giving Janie the tin of buttons, she returned the empty tin to me. I don't have many buttons any more but those I do will go into that tin. It's not only a reminder of my mother's sewing skills, it's a reminder of the tin of candy we had one Christmas. A candy that enchanted me with the rolled and swirled sugar treats. The filled raspberry candies were my favorites.

Do Plantation Dainties still exist???

2 comments:

CameoRoze said...

Like! Like! Like!
Oh, it feels so good when I'm *finally* able to release something that I know has value -- to someone -- more than to me -- but has value to me, too. Pictures. Stories. Release.

Good for you, Maureen!
Good for your friend, too!
(I still have some of my grandmother's buttons. I understand.)

Marysol said...

I never realized I was a button collector, until I found myself cleaning out my closet. When/how did they multiply? I don't know.
But I can't seem to part with them.

You're so thoughtful, and your friend is one lucky recipient!

Blog Archive

Popular Posts