Friday, March 22, 2013

Five on Friday March 22, 2013

1. It is a fact that winter dormancy causes the fibers in clothes to shrink. I see it happen most years. Actually, I've seen it happen with summer clothes too so it must be a fiber defect all round.

2. Thought by many mothers but said by  Jeanette Winterson's mother "the devil led us to the wrong crib."

3. Having St. Patrick's Day and Easter just two weeks apart messes with my minimal holiday decorating. One has to lose. Actually this probably just makes life easier in the end.

4. As many cuisines as I've exposed my dh to, he doesn't seem to have fallen for Persian (Iranian) food. Maybe you have to have had it at the source as I did.

5. Now there are Easter breads galore out there but this one is right up my alley.

 

Easter sure has its share of chocolate and other sweet treats, so I like this bread's change of pace. It's a brioche type bread with bits of salami and cheese. Oh yes, she says! I may even try to make it since it's unlikely I'll be in Italy this Easter.  Most likely I'll be dog sitting though the dog does like cheese and he likes salami. He's not hot on bread though.

1 comment:

Photocat said...

I will try that bread out Maureen... Looks wonderful!

Blog Archive

Popular Posts