My goodness the year is going by quickly. My goodness, this doesn't seem to happen when you're young, does it! That tells me a lot...
1. I am back to eating oatmeal again. The days of the morning aerobics class did not lend themselves to oatmeal before exercise. No, I didn't want to get up early to have 'digestion time'. No, not at all.
2. Cardinals must be on the 'short bus' in the bird kingdom. We have reflective glass on our deck doors to preserve heat/air conditioning. The cardinals either think they have a rival for the females attention or think there's a female Right There just waiting for them. I've put images of owls on the panes of the windows to no avail. Right now, I'm getting kinda tired of hearing ping ping ping as those fiery red fellows give themselves headaches flying into the glass. Apparently as with human males, sex trumps common sense.
3. Yesterday, we had some tremendous winds that even blew through my air conditioner and ruffled the curtains. I balk each year about taking that window unit out since I have to put it somewhere. Getting it carried down and back up to the cellar no longer seems a good option. Each year as the months go by, I wish I had put a plastic sheet over the unit. I suspect it will be back to duct tape to seal it up when summer comes. Oh fun...
4. Yesterday, the old Advantium was taken out and the new microwave installed. After a day without a working kitchen, I decided it was a dinner out. He's always happy with Old Country Buffet and, truthfully, I am too since we can both get what we want. Snigger if you will, it works. Last night was no exception. We did not have one item in common all night. But apparently Thursday is family night and OMG, they had a cotton candy machine! I planned to get a few strands but by the time we were ready to go, the cotton candy man had 4 people waiting for banana splits, his other specialty. I suspect the idea of cotton candy was really enough for me.
5. On this day in 2001, a few months before our wedding, Mr. R. and I went to the mall for my wedding/engagement ring. I reminded him this morning that I would be up for a trip to the mall again for an additional band of diamonds. He mumbled somethingand went on to reprogram the thermostat. That's my engineer!
- ► 2017 (89)
- ► 2016 (206)
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- Happy Easter
- Five on Friday - March 29 2013
- AAM Monday - Project Life Week 11
- Five on Friday March 22, 2013
- Travel With Me Thursday: Bamberg, Encore
- Wordless Wednesday: Not Yet, Not Yet
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Bamberg
- AAM Lightroom Love - I've Got It
- Happy St. Patrick's Day
- Five on Friday: March 15, 2013
- AAM Project Life and More
- Template Tuesday: Free Lightroom Presets for Faceb...
- You're a Parent? Oh you'll get it...
- Five on Friday: March 8, 2013
- Thursday Tutorial: Recoloring Elements, Tiffany Ti...
- Wordless Wednesday - March 6, 2013
- Travel With Me Tuesday - Rothenburg ob der Tauber
- AAM Project Life 13 week 9
- When the Time Is Right - A Short Short Story
- Lingering Winter Skies? Try this Tutorial
- Five on Friday March 1, 2013
- ▼ March (21)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
I tried to upload a video but ran into some glitches with Blogger so... this will have to do!
I often wonder how we really did live our lives before the net, and like a couple of jokers, I wish Al Gore had invented it sooner! One of ...
Wrapping up April even tho there are some days left. I will be busily engaged this last week so this is coming a bit early. WATCHED: Change...
Back home after a week dog sitting, it''s so nice to be home. Steely Dan and some nice visuals to go along side.
A lot of this week's photos concentrate on a trip we took to Baltimore. We have always donated used books to various sites but thi...
original by tsevis
All about me, and some recent movies. Usually I don't have a great deal of interest in the Oscars, and find that many of the movies do...
I was looking at a tutorial to make images appeared curled, and while the narrator said you could do it in PSE, I found that there was a CS ...
We went down south to North Carolina so there were 4 pages for this week. I often try to keep even these BIG weeks to a 2 pager but not this...