My goodness the year is going by quickly. My goodness, this doesn't seem to happen when you're young, does it! That tells me a lot...
1. I am back to eating oatmeal again. The days of the morning aerobics class did not lend themselves to oatmeal before exercise. No, I didn't want to get up early to have 'digestion time'. No, not at all.
2. Cardinals must be on the 'short bus' in the bird kingdom. We have reflective glass on our deck doors to preserve heat/air conditioning. The cardinals either think they have a rival for the females attention or think there's a female Right There just waiting for them. I've put images of owls on the panes of the windows to no avail. Right now, I'm getting kinda tired of hearing ping ping ping as those fiery red fellows give themselves headaches flying into the glass. Apparently as with human males, sex trumps common sense.
3. Yesterday, we had some tremendous winds that even blew through my air conditioner and ruffled the curtains. I balk each year about taking that window unit out since I have to put it somewhere. Getting it carried down and back up to the cellar no longer seems a good option. Each year as the months go by, I wish I had put a plastic sheet over the unit. I suspect it will be back to duct tape to seal it up when summer comes. Oh fun...
4. Yesterday, the old Advantium was taken out and the new microwave installed. After a day without a working kitchen, I decided it was a dinner out. He's always happy with Old Country Buffet and, truthfully, I am too since we can both get what we want. Snigger if you will, it works. Last night was no exception. We did not have one item in common all night. But apparently Thursday is family night and OMG, they had a cotton candy machine! I planned to get a few strands but by the time we were ready to go, the cotton candy man had 4 people waiting for banana splits, his other specialty. I suspect the idea of cotton candy was really enough for me.
5. On this day in 2001, a few months before our wedding, Mr. R. and I went to the mall for my wedding/engagement ring. I reminded him this morning that I would be up for a trip to the mall again for an additional band of diamonds. He mumbled somethingand went on to reprogram the thermostat. That's my engineer!
- ► 2014 (147)
- Happy Easter
- Five on Friday - March 29 2013
- AAM Monday - Project Life Week 11
- Five on Friday March 22, 2013
- Travel With Me Thursday: Bamberg, Encore
- Wordless Wednesday: Not Yet, Not Yet
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Bamberg
- AAM Lightroom Love - I've Got It
- Happy St. Patrick's Day
- Five on Friday: March 15, 2013
- AAM Project Life and More
- Template Tuesday: Free Lightroom Presets for Faceb...
- You're a Parent? Oh you'll get it...
- Five on Friday: March 8, 2013
- Thursday Tutorial: Recoloring Elements, Tiffany Ti...
- Wordless Wednesday - March 6, 2013
- Travel With Me Tuesday - Rothenburg ob der Tauber
- AAM Project Life 13 week 9
- When the Time Is Right - A Short Short Story
- Lingering Winter Skies? Try this Tutorial
- Five on Friday March 1, 2013
- ▼ March (21)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (336)
I haven't done a regular Day 1, Day 2 etc of our trip to Milan and Turin back in March of this year but every once in a while I'll d...
This is not quite a tutorial today, but rather a where-to-find. I believe I had this screensaver on a former computer. However, having h...
No "5 on Friday " this week, as I'm taking a 3 day JinShinJyutsu course. I've taken many in the past but this one concen...
I tended to wonder if this album would ever be completed and then it was. I had sent almost all the layouts to be printed, got them back and...
My two boys in England, back in 1972. The younger one was born in January 1972 so I suspect this shot may have been done for the older one&...
Where am I? not home for a week. A week all by myself. A week where there's a bit of a net break again. A happy healthy week. See you so...
can't disagree here
It's been a while since I did this one so you would think I have a lot of thoughts. Not quite since I've spent a lot of quiet time. ...
Back from my week of dogsitting, I accomplished a few things. I was able to - get a fairly good handle on PSE11 after balking about start...