My goodness the year is going by quickly. My goodness, this doesn't seem to happen when you're young, does it! That tells me a lot...
1. I am back to eating oatmeal again. The days of the morning aerobics class did not lend themselves to oatmeal before exercise. No, I didn't want to get up early to have 'digestion time'. No, not at all.
2. Cardinals must be on the 'short bus' in the bird kingdom. We have reflective glass on our deck doors to preserve heat/air conditioning. The cardinals either think they have a rival for the females attention or think there's a female Right There just waiting for them. I've put images of owls on the panes of the windows to no avail. Right now, I'm getting kinda tired of hearing ping ping ping as those fiery red fellows give themselves headaches flying into the glass. Apparently as with human males, sex trumps common sense.
3. Yesterday, we had some tremendous winds that even blew through my air conditioner and ruffled the curtains. I balk each year about taking that window unit out since I have to put it somewhere. Getting it carried down and back up to the cellar no longer seems a good option. Each year as the months go by, I wish I had put a plastic sheet over the unit. I suspect it will be back to duct tape to seal it up when summer comes. Oh fun...
4. Yesterday, the old Advantium was taken out and the new microwave installed. After a day without a working kitchen, I decided it was a dinner out. He's always happy with Old Country Buffet and, truthfully, I am too since we can both get what we want. Snigger if you will, it works. Last night was no exception. We did not have one item in common all night. But apparently Thursday is family night and OMG, they had a cotton candy machine! I planned to get a few strands but by the time we were ready to go, the cotton candy man had 4 people waiting for banana splits, his other specialty. I suspect the idea of cotton candy was really enough for me.
5. On this day in 2001, a few months before our wedding, Mr. R. and I went to the mall for my wedding/engagement ring. I reminded him this morning that I would be up for a trip to the mall again for an additional band of diamonds. He mumbled somethingand went on to reprogram the thermostat. That's my engineer!
- ► 2015 (130)
- ► 2014 (217)
- Happy Easter
- Five on Friday - March 29 2013
- AAM Monday - Project Life Week 11
- Five on Friday March 22, 2013
- Travel With Me Thursday: Bamberg, Encore
- Wordless Wednesday: Not Yet, Not Yet
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Bamberg
- AAM Lightroom Love - I've Got It
- Happy St. Patrick's Day
- Five on Friday: March 15, 2013
- AAM Project Life and More
- Template Tuesday: Free Lightroom Presets for Faceb...
- You're a Parent? Oh you'll get it...
- Five on Friday: March 8, 2013
- Thursday Tutorial: Recoloring Elements, Tiffany Ti...
- Wordless Wednesday - March 6, 2013
- Travel With Me Tuesday - Rothenburg ob der Tauber
- AAM Project Life 13 week 9
- When the Time Is Right - A Short Short Story
- Lingering Winter Skies? Try this Tutorial
- Five on Friday March 1, 2013
- ▼ March (21)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (336)
This is a wedding in the late 1930s I suspect. My mother had many photos like this but this is the only one that has a family member in i...
My in-laws, Dorothy and Vince, had another poignant story with their wedding. My father-in-law was a Catholic from a NY Irish American fa...
Just noticing as I added this page that I never noted that it was week 25. Maybe I'll go back and add that information and maybe I won...
Day 2 in Budapest started early with our suitcases outside out door at 07:45. Naturally, we ate breakfast and then said Goodbye to the Vant...
A good day in Vienna was drawing to a close. He had his tour of the Opera House, something I was not interested in. I had seen a performance...
Another week of a whole lotta ...not much. Not a lotta cooking, not a lotta eating, not a lotta doing. That's just how some of my summe...
By taking a week break, these pages are a bit behind but you get the point. That is one of the things I like about digital scrapping. You ca...
Ah this summer is just moving along despite a LOT of rain. We all wish we could send even a portion to California but that's not how i...
Boy we've had some hot days! There were several days I didn't even leave the house. Walking out to get the newspaper in the morning...
Our cruise actually was ending in Budapest but we took the extra day package as we had enjoyed our time in the city a lot back in 2008 and ...