1. I signed up for two Tai Chi classes. One is the normal standing class - twice a week - and the other is seated Tai Chi - once a week. Unfortunately, the 1 standing and the seated on are both on Monday. We'll see how that goes.
2. I have done almost no cooking recently and have very little interest in doing any. Sadly, there is a dear man in the house who likes three meals a day. I'm almost running out of leftovers to serve him.
3. This week I had word that two of my children are moving; one within state, one a few states away. The third was back in the US for a few weeks but has returned to the war zone. It was good while it lasted to have him home. They all grow up and they shift about.
4. Last year, I signed up for an on line class with Mary Ann Moss. I knew it was bookbinding, which I failed miserably in a Tim Holtz class. I don't like sewing AT ALL but I thought I'd give it a go again. I have procrastinated and now I am waiting for my bookbinding-lover friend to return from Southern California. We'll have a go. I also came to the conclusion, looking at everyone's finished journals, that I have no interest in such a busy journal. It's not me. I think I'll figure out how to make a bound journal and then make it my own. That's what art is. No rules.
|4" book bound in metal|
5. I finally got some image of owls up on our deck sliding door. The poor cardinals see themselves in the glass which has a reflective surface for temperature control. I think some of the daffy males see their future mates or possible rivals in the glass. Hopefully the owl images will work. Any other suggestions totally welcome!