Translate

Friday, March 1, 2013

Five on Friday March 1, 2013

Another month. 2013 is marching on and I'm ready for spring. At the same time, I'm not ready to deal with the garden, so take your time Mama Nature.

1. I signed up for two Tai Chi classes. One is the normal standing class - twice a week - and the other is seated Tai Chi - once a week. Unfortunately, the 1 standing and the seated on are both on Monday. We'll see how that goes.

2. I have done almost no cooking recently and have very little interest in doing any. Sadly, there is a dear man in the house who likes three meals a day. I'm almost running out of leftovers to serve him.

3. This week I had word that two of my children are moving; one within state, one a few states away. The third was back in the US for a few weeks but has returned to the war zone. It was good while it lasted to have him home. They all grow up and they shift about.

4. Last year, I signed up for an on line class with Mary Ann Moss. I knew it was bookbinding, which I failed miserably in a Tim Holtz class. I don't like sewing AT ALL but I thought I'd give it a go again. I have procrastinated and now I am waiting for my bookbinding-lover friend to return from Southern California. We'll have a go. I also came to the conclusion, looking at everyone's finished journals, that I have no interest in such a busy journal. It's not me. I think I'll figure out how to make a bound journal and then make it my own. That's what art is. No rules.

4" book bound in metal


5. I finally got some image of owls up on our deck sliding door. The poor cardinals see themselves in the glass which has a reflective surface for temperature control. I think some of the daffy males see their future mates or possible rivals in the glass. Hopefully the owl images will work. Any other suggestions totally welcome!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts