Morning in Frankfurt Germany, a lovely view of the Main river, peaceful and serene.
As Mr. R. felt better after his day aboard the boat, he decided he would take the excursion into Heidelberg. For whatever reason, I just didn't feel like the long bus ride to and fro, and so decided to have a bit of a quiet day myself on board. I was also starting to feel the lack of a good night's sleep with the mild snoring he was doing. As I've gotten older, I find that my sleep is not as deep and I wake up too easily. Sleep deprivation is not good.
Off he went at 08:30 with his group to meet their bus and I debated what I'd do. I finally decided to stay in and do some computer work and go out after lunch.
Modern Frankfurt with its skyscrapers and the stunning Main tower ahead. A crisp day, perfect for walking about and looking up and around.
A yarn shop tempted me but as I don't knit, it was only a temptation. Actually, I should have just asked to buy the sweater. (see me there too??)
The old here and there amidst the 21st century. The Eschenheimer Tower, and no I didn't attempt to climb it. My heel and knee knew their limits. The sun was still warm when I was in it but it was getting chilly in the shade. I decided I'd walked enough from my starting point and needed to head back. Then I found a market.
I'll show you that in the next post!
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- Project Life - 13 week 8
- Wordless Wednesday February 27, 2013
- Travel with me Tuesday - Heidelberg
- AAM Monday - Feast or Famine
- Wordless Wednesday February 20, 2013
- Travel With Me Tuesday - Frankfurt/Heidelberg
- AAM So Glad It's a Holiday
- Just Today - February 17, 2013
- Flashback Friday - Picnics of Yore
- Love Warms
- Guess What???
- Wordless Wednesday February 13 2013
- 365/Project Life - Week 5 Just Before Boston
- So Over It
- AAM February 10, 2013
- Five on Friday February 8, 2013
- Snow-yes; Bizzard-maybe
- Wordless Wednesday February 6 2013
- It Was a Very Good Day
- ▼ February (19)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (337)
This photo comes from an album of images from the 1940s. I think it was one of those albums that someone bought to paste a bunch of photos t...
A bit of a change about for me with a template challenge over at The Lilypad . Week 14 included three very different events. Easter on Sunda...
When I say my childhood, iI mean from age 10 til I was married at 21. It was the first home my parents bought and in the end it was the last...
Getting back into the flow of weekly scrapping, I'm enjoying the habits of my daily life. A vacation can be more or less unplanned each ...
So much to see and nothing I HAD to do. A perfect vacation.
Photos at MOMA which made me smile and were sent on to my Belgian friend. I hope she got a kick out of them also. The 2nd image is of musse...
Sometimes the oddest thing will jog your memory. Last week it was in the Giant grocery store. I saw this big ad and thought of the many many...
1. The pollen count has really been high and everything outside is covered with a layer of chartreuse. Fortunately, I've pretty much g...
1. If you snooze, you lose. I did get up this morning before 7am and there was wonderful light on my desk with lovely patterns. However, ...
Years and years ago, my parents bought a piece of land in West Virginia. My mother had great dreams of building a house there, up on a hill ...