Morning in Frankfurt Germany, a lovely view of the Main river, peaceful and serene.
As Mr. R. felt better after his day aboard the boat, he decided he would take the excursion into Heidelberg. For whatever reason, I just didn't feel like the long bus ride to and fro, and so decided to have a bit of a quiet day myself on board. I was also starting to feel the lack of a good night's sleep with the mild snoring he was doing. As I've gotten older, I find that my sleep is not as deep and I wake up too easily. Sleep deprivation is not good.
Off he went at 08:30 with his group to meet their bus and I debated what I'd do. I finally decided to stay in and do some computer work and go out after lunch.
Modern Frankfurt with its skyscrapers and the stunning Main tower ahead. A crisp day, perfect for walking about and looking up and around.
A yarn shop tempted me but as I don't knit, it was only a temptation. Actually, I should have just asked to buy the sweater. (see me there too??)
The old here and there amidst the 21st century. The Eschenheimer Tower, and no I didn't attempt to climb it. My heel and knee knew their limits. The sun was still warm when I was in it but it was getting chilly in the shade. I decided I'd walked enough from my starting point and needed to head back. Then I found a market.
I'll show you that in the next post!
- ► 2016 (206)
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- Project Life - 13 week 8
- Wordless Wednesday February 27, 2013
- Travel with me Tuesday - Heidelberg
- AAM Monday - Feast or Famine
- Wordless Wednesday February 20, 2013
- Travel With Me Tuesday - Frankfurt/Heidelberg
- AAM So Glad It's a Holiday
- Just Today - February 17, 2013
- Flashback Friday - Picnics of Yore
- Love Warms
- Guess What???
- Wordless Wednesday February 13 2013
- 365/Project Life - Week 5 Just Before Boston
- So Over It
- AAM February 10, 2013
- Five on Friday February 8, 2013
- Snow-yes; Bizzard-maybe
- Wordless Wednesday February 6 2013
- It Was a Very Good Day
- ▼ February (19)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
Many years, I take the time in December to clear out my computer, make a good dent in the things in my studio so I feel I have free and open...
1. My son is moving from the West Coast to the East and that means I ought to go visit him soon so I can eat at Zait and Zaatar in Anaheim...
As we hear ifs and maybes about upcoming snow, I'm looking at images of a snowfall back in 1966. My husband and I drove up from our new ...
1. Happily out of the hospital, and with a collection of drugs I appear t be making my way back to health. I can spend my days out of bed ...
Waking up in London is always nice. Then there's airplane brekkie. It was pretty good though we both passed on the granola bar. Dry as s...
1.Well the snow arrived! In our backyard, which doesn't get the sun til much later in the day if at all, the snow covers the deck an...
Much of a vacation is the to-ing and fro-ing. I usually consider this the worst part but sometimes if I take my time and observe it can be p...
Last week I made this layout for a challenge. Well, I'm no longer in London so I had to hope for snow in Maryland. Not a blizzard...