It's hard to think how much computers have changed over the past decade or so, but I had the newest and bestest that the State government could provide. Kind of laughable now, isn't it.
The building I am in was just renovated back in 2000 and that barren,
cold room warmed up quite a bit in the coming months. We soon brought in
quite a few incandescent lamps and never turned those ceiling
florescents on again during the 10 years I worked there. The drapes and
paintings came a bit later as well as the few pieces of upholstered
One of the nicest things about this office, in addition to the view of the State House out the window with the flag, was that all the windows opened. As spring came, we loved having fresh air come in though we soon learned to keep papers on those deep window sills weighted down.
But this was in December 2000, just a few days until the start of the 2001 General Assembly in January. It was a time of promise both professionally and personally for me. I was right...there were many good things ahead.
- ► 2014 (139)
- Time for a Break
- Wordless Wednesday: He Captures Her Capturing...
- Treavel with Me Tuesday - Down Memory Lane
- AAM Monday - 365 week 4
- 5 Fact Friday - January 25, 2013
- Travel with Me Thursday - Rudesheim
- Wordless Wednesday: My Kind of Men
- Trevel with Me Tuesday - On to Rudesheim
- AAM Project 365 Week 3
- Hail to the Chief!
- Flashback Friday: Is that a Computer?
- Texture Time on Thursday
- Wordless Wednesday: It's not the Destination
- Travel with Me Tuesday Cologne
- AAM - 365 wk 2
- Oh Those "Flaming Green Pickles"
- Curve a Photo in PSE Tutorial
- 5 Fact Friday - January 11, 2013
- A Week at at Time
- Wordless Wednesday: Oh So Good
- Travel With Me Tuesday January 8, 2013
- Simply Sunday - 2013 January 6
- Wrapping up Project Life - 2012
- Flashback Friday: California Dreamin'
- Wordless Wednesday: Misty Morning in N'awlins
- Tuesday Tutorial - PSE Key LInes, Encore une Fois
- ▼ January (26)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (336)
Where am I? not home for a week. A week all by myself. A week where there's a bit of a net break again. A happy healthy week. See you so...
While visiting in England in the summer of 1981, we were in Ripley with friends during the celebrations for the wedding of Charles and Diana...
seriously, not sure this place exists in MD
I'm thinking this was in the late summer of 1971 a time when my grandmother and cousin came over to England. If it was, then we took my ...
This is not quite a tutorial today, but rather a where-to-find. I believe I had this screensaver on a former computer. However, having ...
Back from my week of dogsitting, I accomplished a few things. I was able to - get a fairly good handle on PSE11 after balking about start...
2012 scallops for dinner
No "5 on Friday " this week, as I'm taking a 3 day JinShinJyutsu course. I've taken many in the past but this one concen...
I will be happily watching the World Cup all weekend, which is a a wonderful way to celebrate all the countries of the world.
Nearing the end of our trip, we had to make a few choices about where we would go. Sintra, to the north of Lisbon, was high on our list so o...