It's hard to think how much computers have changed over the past decade or so, but I had the newest and bestest that the State government could provide. Kind of laughable now, isn't it.
The building I am in was just renovated back in 2000 and that barren,
cold room warmed up quite a bit in the coming months. We soon brought in
quite a few incandescent lamps and never turned those ceiling
florescents on again during the 10 years I worked there. The drapes and
paintings came a bit later as well as the few pieces of upholstered
One of the nicest things about this office, in addition to the view of the State House out the window with the flag, was that all the windows opened. As spring came, we loved having fresh air come in though we soon learned to keep papers on those deep window sills weighted down.
But this was in December 2000, just a few days until the start of the 2001 General Assembly in January. It was a time of promise both professionally and personally for me. I was right...there were many good things ahead.
- ► 2014 (217)
- Time for a Break
- Wordless Wednesday: He Captures Her Capturing...
- Treavel with Me Tuesday - Down Memory Lane
- AAM Monday - 365 week 4
- 5 Fact Friday - January 25, 2013
- Travel with Me Thursday - Rudesheim
- Wordless Wednesday: My Kind of Men
- Trevel with Me Tuesday - On to Rudesheim
- AAM Project 365 Week 3
- Hail to the Chief!
- Flashback Friday: Is that a Computer?
- Texture Time on Thursday
- Wordless Wednesday: It's not the Destination
- Travel with Me Tuesday Cologne
- AAM - 365 wk 2
- Oh Those "Flaming Green Pickles"
- Curve a Photo in PSE Tutorial
- 5 Fact Friday - January 11, 2013
- A Week at at Time
- Wordless Wednesday: Oh So Good
- Travel With Me Tuesday January 8, 2013
- Simply Sunday - 2013 January 6
- Wrapping up Project Life - 2012
- Flashback Friday: California Dreamin'
- Wordless Wednesday: Misty Morning in N'awlins
- Tuesday Tutorial - PSE Key LInes, Encore une Fois
- ▼ January (26)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (336)
I somehow don't find it hard at all to write 2015. Some years it takes me a long time to become accustomed to the new date but not this ...
Years ago when I was in high school, our class visited Antietam Battlefield which is not that far away in Maryland. I really didn't know...
Tomorrow will mark 8 weeks since knee surgery and I've missed the activity of exercise and movement. While PT was great, when it ended ...
1. Things I didn't know....re interstates. On the east coast we say e.g. I-95 (aka known as the road from hell) but in California they ...
When we first bought a timeshare in SC, we started the tradition of stopping for lunch in Midlothian just outside of Richmond VA. It was the...
Each trip to Northern Italy has involved an attempted trip to the Swiss border. It's never quite happened and this day was no exception....
Not a lot going on this week or even a lot of thoughts in my head. Winter time brain perhaps, but it does feel just right. Then again, the b...
While things have happened round here and we both have gone places, it's been a nice good slow start to the year. Staying in, some very ...
talk about good... Back in 2006, a bunch of us, who were renovating or had renovated our kitchens, shared our food recipes in an online ...
This is not quite a tutorial today, but rather a where-to-find. I believe I had this screensaver on a former computer. However, having h...