It's hard to think how much computers have changed over the past decade or so, but I had the newest and bestest that the State government could provide. Kind of laughable now, isn't it.
The building I am in was just renovated back in 2000 and that barren,
cold room warmed up quite a bit in the coming months. We soon brought in
quite a few incandescent lamps and never turned those ceiling
florescents on again during the 10 years I worked there. The drapes and
paintings came a bit later as well as the few pieces of upholstered
One of the nicest things about this office, in addition to the view of the State House out the window with the flag, was that all the windows opened. As spring came, we loved having fresh air come in though we soon learned to keep papers on those deep window sills weighted down.
But this was in December 2000, just a few days until the start of the 2001 General Assembly in January. It was a time of promise both professionally and personally for me. I was right...there were many good things ahead.
- Time for a Break
- Wordless Wednesday: He Captures Her Capturing...
- Treavel with Me Tuesday - Down Memory Lane
- AAM Monday - 365 week 4
- 5 Fact Friday - January 25, 2013
- Travel with Me Thursday - Rudesheim
- Wordless Wednesday: My Kind of Men
- Trevel with Me Tuesday - On to Rudesheim
- AAM Project 365 Week 3
- Hail to the Chief!
- Flashback Friday: Is that a Computer?
- Texture Time on Thursday
- Wordless Wednesday: It's not the Destination
- Travel with Me Tuesday Cologne
- AAM - 365 wk 2
- Oh Those "Flaming Green Pickles"
- Curve a Photo in PSE Tutorial
- 5 Fact Friday - January 11, 2013
- A Week at at Time
- Wordless Wednesday: Oh So Good
- Travel With Me Tuesday January 8, 2013
- Simply Sunday - 2013 January 6
- Wrapping up Project Life - 2012
- Flashback Friday: California Dreamin'
- Wordless Wednesday: Misty Morning in N'awlins
- Tuesday Tutorial - PSE Key LInes, Encore une Fois
- ▼ January (26)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (335)
This is not quite a tutorial today, but rather a where-to-find. I believe I had this screensaver on a former computer. However, having ...
I'm not usually a gullible person. I'm pretty much hip to the ways of devious people but...This year on April 1st, I was fooled. I ...
During my many years living abroad, I (we) had servants. Gardeners, cooks, that sort of things, and when it was deemed necessary, a guard to...
Most of my gardening is done. I still have many petunias to plant but I had hoped to spray paint the planters first. I emptied the dirt into...
Sometimes I think it's all in how you look at things. I often use the example of a chair. If you walk up to the back of it, it's an ...
Lots of exercise classes are good for the body but somehow once again, scrapping has fallen behind. I know it's much better to be moving...
great artichokes, not so great crust
Somehow, I am having a hard time getting the Project Life pages done in the following week. I think that's due to the various times I...
"When your mother asks, “Do you want a piece of advice?” it is a mere formality. It doesn’t matter if you answer yes or no. You’re g...