It's hard to think how much computers have changed over the past decade or so, but I had the newest and bestest that the State government could provide. Kind of laughable now, isn't it.
The building I am in was just renovated back in 2000 and that barren,
cold room warmed up quite a bit in the coming months. We soon brought in
quite a few incandescent lamps and never turned those ceiling
florescents on again during the 10 years I worked there. The drapes and
paintings came a bit later as well as the few pieces of upholstered
One of the nicest things about this office, in addition to the view of the State House out the window with the flag, was that all the windows opened. As spring came, we loved having fresh air come in though we soon learned to keep papers on those deep window sills weighted down.
But this was in December 2000, just a few days until the start of the 2001 General Assembly in January. It was a time of promise both professionally and personally for me. I was right...there were many good things ahead.
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- Time for a Break
- Wordless Wednesday: He Captures Her Capturing...
- Treavel with Me Tuesday - Down Memory Lane
- AAM Monday - 365 week 4
- 5 Fact Friday - January 25, 2013
- Travel with Me Thursday - Rudesheim
- Wordless Wednesday: My Kind of Men
- Trevel with Me Tuesday - On to Rudesheim
- AAM Project 365 Week 3
- Hail to the Chief!
- Flashback Friday: Is that a Computer?
- Texture Time on Thursday
- Wordless Wednesday: It's not the Destination
- Travel with Me Tuesday Cologne
- AAM - 365 wk 2
- Oh Those "Flaming Green Pickles"
- Curve a Photo in PSE Tutorial
- 5 Fact Friday - January 11, 2013
- A Week at at Time
- Wordless Wednesday: Oh So Good
- Travel With Me Tuesday January 8, 2013
- Simply Sunday - 2013 January 6
- Wrapping up Project Life - 2012
- Flashback Friday: California Dreamin'
- Wordless Wednesday: Misty Morning in N'awlins
- Tuesday Tutorial - PSE Key LInes, Encore une Fois
- ▼ January (26)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (337)
This photo comes from an album of images from the 1940s. I think it was one of those albums that someone bought to paste a bunch of photos t...
A bit of a change about for me with a template challenge over at The Lilypad . Week 14 included three very different events. Easter on Sunda...
When I say my childhood, iI mean from age 10 til I was married at 21. It was the first home my parents bought and in the end it was the last...
Getting back into the flow of weekly scrapping, I'm enjoying the habits of my daily life. A vacation can be more or less unplanned each ...
So much to see and nothing I HAD to do. A perfect vacation.
1. The pollen count has really been high and everything outside is covered with a layer of chartreuse. Fortunately, I've pretty much g...
Photos at MOMA which made me smile and were sent on to my Belgian friend. I hope she got a kick out of them also. The 2nd image is of musse...
Sometimes the oddest thing will jog your memory. Last week it was in the Giant grocery store. I saw this big ad and thought of the many many...
1. If you snooze, you lose. I did get up this morning before 7am and there was wonderful light on my desk with lovely patterns. However, ...