It's hard to think how much computers have changed over the past decade or so, but I had the newest and bestest that the State government could provide. Kind of laughable now, isn't it.
The building I am in was just renovated back in 2000 and that barren,
cold room warmed up quite a bit in the coming months. We soon brought in
quite a few incandescent lamps and never turned those ceiling
florescents on again during the 10 years I worked there. The drapes and
paintings came a bit later as well as the few pieces of upholstered
One of the nicest things about this office, in addition to the view of the State House out the window with the flag, was that all the windows opened. As spring came, we loved having fresh air come in though we soon learned to keep papers on those deep window sills weighted down.
But this was in December 2000, just a few days until the start of the 2001 General Assembly in January. It was a time of promise both professionally and personally for me. I was right...there were many good things ahead.
- ► 2016 (206)
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- Time for a Break
- Wordless Wednesday: He Captures Her Capturing...
- Treavel with Me Tuesday - Down Memory Lane
- AAM Monday - 365 week 4
- 5 Fact Friday - January 25, 2013
- Travel with Me Thursday - Rudesheim
- Wordless Wednesday: My Kind of Men
- Trevel with Me Tuesday - On to Rudesheim
- AAM Project 365 Week 3
- Hail to the Chief!
- Flashback Friday: Is that a Computer?
- Texture Time on Thursday
- Wordless Wednesday: It's not the Destination
- Travel with Me Tuesday Cologne
- AAM - 365 wk 2
- Oh Those "Flaming Green Pickles"
- Curve a Photo in PSE Tutorial
- 5 Fact Friday - January 11, 2013
- A Week at at Time
- Wordless Wednesday: Oh So Good
- Travel With Me Tuesday January 8, 2013
- Simply Sunday - 2013 January 6
- Wrapping up Project Life - 2012
- Flashback Friday: California Dreamin'
- Wordless Wednesday: Misty Morning in N'awlins
- Tuesday Tutorial - PSE Key LInes, Encore une Fois
- ▼ January (26)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
Many years, I take the time in December to clear out my computer, make a good dent in the things in my studio so I feel I have free and open...
1. My son is moving from the West Coast to the East and that means I ought to go visit him soon so I can eat at Zait and Zaatar in Anaheim...
As we hear ifs and maybes about upcoming snow, I'm looking at images of a snowfall back in 1966. My husband and I drove up from our new ...
1. Happily out of the hospital, and with a collection of drugs I appear t be making my way back to health. I can spend my days out of bed ...
Waking up in London is always nice. Then there's airplane brekkie. It was pretty good though we both passed on the granola bar. Dry as s...
1.Well the snow arrived! In our backyard, which doesn't get the sun til much later in the day if at all, the snow covers the deck an...
Much of a vacation is the to-ing and fro-ing. I usually consider this the worst part but sometimes if I take my time and observe it can be p...
Last week I made this layout for a challenge. Well, I'm no longer in London so I had to hope for snow in Maryland. Not a blizzard...