It's hard to think how much computers have changed over the past decade or so, but I had the newest and bestest that the State government could provide. Kind of laughable now, isn't it.
The building I am in was just renovated back in 2000 and that barren,
cold room warmed up quite a bit in the coming months. We soon brought in
quite a few incandescent lamps and never turned those ceiling
florescents on again during the 10 years I worked there. The drapes and
paintings came a bit later as well as the few pieces of upholstered
One of the nicest things about this office, in addition to the view of the State House out the window with the flag, was that all the windows opened. As spring came, we loved having fresh air come in though we soon learned to keep papers on those deep window sills weighted down.
But this was in December 2000, just a few days until the start of the 2001 General Assembly in January. It was a time of promise both professionally and personally for me. I was right...there were many good things ahead.
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- Time for a Break
- Wordless Wednesday: He Captures Her Capturing...
- Treavel with Me Tuesday - Down Memory Lane
- AAM Monday - 365 week 4
- 5 Fact Friday - January 25, 2013
- Travel with Me Thursday - Rudesheim
- Wordless Wednesday: My Kind of Men
- Trevel with Me Tuesday - On to Rudesheim
- AAM Project 365 Week 3
- Hail to the Chief!
- Flashback Friday: Is that a Computer?
- Texture Time on Thursday
- Wordless Wednesday: It's not the Destination
- Travel with Me Tuesday Cologne
- AAM - 365 wk 2
- Oh Those "Flaming Green Pickles"
- Curve a Photo in PSE Tutorial
- 5 Fact Friday - January 11, 2013
- A Week at at Time
- Wordless Wednesday: Oh So Good
- Travel With Me Tuesday January 8, 2013
- Simply Sunday - 2013 January 6
- Wrapping up Project Life - 2012
- Flashback Friday: California Dreamin'
- Wordless Wednesday: Misty Morning in N'awlins
- Tuesday Tutorial - PSE Key LInes, Encore une Fois
- ▼ January (26)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
I saw this on a couple of other blogs and I thought it would help me sort out some of my own thoughts. Outside my window... It's over...
All about finally letting go... A foot note to this story is that a few months after giving Janie the tin of buttons, she returned t...
Years and years ago, my parents bought a piece of land in West Virginia. My mother had great dreams of building a house there, up on a hill ...
1.Truthfully, the River Cruise album is on its last pages but this is one I wanted to share now. Why? because my husband reminded me that it...
After a day's break on board we were set to be tourists again. Plus two inserts of things we saw and did.
It was a late night flight from Bangkok to Rome, on our way back to the United States. One of us was not very happy about it and was not ev...
Fun to work with some springlike colors for this week. Bunch of catching up , mostly at home, after the NYC trip . The air was pretty cool f...
When I first arrived in Malawi, I had a job with the Director of the United States Information Agency and the Voice of America, Lillard Hil...