It's hard to think how much computers have changed over the past decade or so, but I had the newest and bestest that the State government could provide. Kind of laughable now, isn't it.
The building I am in was just renovated back in 2000 and that barren,
cold room warmed up quite a bit in the coming months. We soon brought in
quite a few incandescent lamps and never turned those ceiling
florescents on again during the 10 years I worked there. The drapes and
paintings came a bit later as well as the few pieces of upholstered
One of the nicest things about this office, in addition to the view of the State House out the window with the flag, was that all the windows opened. As spring came, we loved having fresh air come in though we soon learned to keep papers on those deep window sills weighted down.
But this was in December 2000, just a few days until the start of the 2001 General Assembly in January. It was a time of promise both professionally and personally for me. I was right...there were many good things ahead.
- ► 2014 (183)
- Time for a Break
- Wordless Wednesday: He Captures Her Capturing...
- Treavel with Me Tuesday - Down Memory Lane
- AAM Monday - 365 week 4
- 5 Fact Friday - January 25, 2013
- Travel with Me Thursday - Rudesheim
- Wordless Wednesday: My Kind of Men
- Trevel with Me Tuesday - On to Rudesheim
- AAM Project 365 Week 3
- Hail to the Chief!
- Flashback Friday: Is that a Computer?
- Texture Time on Thursday
- Wordless Wednesday: It's not the Destination
- Travel with Me Tuesday Cologne
- AAM - 365 wk 2
- Oh Those "Flaming Green Pickles"
- Curve a Photo in PSE Tutorial
- 5 Fact Friday - January 11, 2013
- A Week at at Time
- Wordless Wednesday: Oh So Good
- Travel With Me Tuesday January 8, 2013
- Simply Sunday - 2013 January 6
- Wrapping up Project Life - 2012
- Flashback Friday: California Dreamin'
- Wordless Wednesday: Misty Morning in N'awlins
- Tuesday Tutorial - PSE Key LInes, Encore une Fois
- ▼ January (26)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (336)
Ok, so the 90s is not so long ago when the writer goes back to the 40s, but as I scan old images, I try to recall some things about them. I...
Four days without our normal connections via Verizon's Fios was a strange time. All the things we take for granted gone in a poof! Why d...
Now that I have a date for my knee surgery, I also have a long checklist of things "I" need to do and things others have to do for...
eta: This post was scheduled to go up during the time we lost our FIOS internet. Better late than never... Did that title say October??? ...
Ok, we now know that the look of the 80s was not the greatest. But back in the day we thought we were pretty good looking for two women in t...
More than one of our friends has been or is here for serious surgery this week. Perhaps it's our age???
This is a trip that I did not go on but rather my dh took my granddaughter to Alaska. Getting to Alaska from the east coast of the US takes ...
Today I'm meeting up with this old friend, sadly because of a memorial service for a mutual friend on Saturday. But back in the 80s, we ...
Well I've finally got around to doing some more of the spring 2014 Italy trip. Other trips are still in the scrapbooking works but that&...