It's hard to think how much computers have changed over the past decade or so, but I had the newest and bestest that the State government could provide. Kind of laughable now, isn't it.
The building I am in was just renovated back in 2000 and that barren,
cold room warmed up quite a bit in the coming months. We soon brought in
quite a few incandescent lamps and never turned those ceiling
florescents on again during the 10 years I worked there. The drapes and
paintings came a bit later as well as the few pieces of upholstered
One of the nicest things about this office, in addition to the view of the State House out the window with the flag, was that all the windows opened. As spring came, we loved having fresh air come in though we soon learned to keep papers on those deep window sills weighted down.
But this was in December 2000, just a few days until the start of the 2001 General Assembly in January. It was a time of promise both professionally and personally for me. I was right...there were many good things ahead.
- ► 2015 (111)
- ► 2014 (217)
- Time for a Break
- Wordless Wednesday: He Captures Her Capturing...
- Treavel with Me Tuesday - Down Memory Lane
- AAM Monday - 365 week 4
- 5 Fact Friday - January 25, 2013
- Travel with Me Thursday - Rudesheim
- Wordless Wednesday: My Kind of Men
- Trevel with Me Tuesday - On to Rudesheim
- AAM Project 365 Week 3
- Hail to the Chief!
- Flashback Friday: Is that a Computer?
- Texture Time on Thursday
- Wordless Wednesday: It's not the Destination
- Travel with Me Tuesday Cologne
- AAM - 365 wk 2
- Oh Those "Flaming Green Pickles"
- Curve a Photo in PSE Tutorial
- 5 Fact Friday - January 11, 2013
- A Week at at Time
- Wordless Wednesday: Oh So Good
- Travel With Me Tuesday January 8, 2013
- Simply Sunday - 2013 January 6
- Wrapping up Project Life - 2012
- Flashback Friday: California Dreamin'
- Wordless Wednesday: Misty Morning in N'awlins
- Tuesday Tutorial - PSE Key LInes, Encore une Fois
- ▼ January (26)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (336)
After our wonderful meal in Jaen, we had the long drive south to Estepona where we settled into our villa, and crashed. It had been a long d...
Ah yes....things wives do. Foolish things wives do. We've all heard about the wives who slaved away as typists, back when the world used...
straight from instagram
November 15th, 2012 started with a lecture on Musical Vienna after breakfast. Then some of our group went off to Schonbrunn Palace. We had b...
from brandyeye8 on Instagram
A bit more time and the year will be half over. Amazing - and yet for those children and teachers still in school it must seem like the days...
Cleaning out does lead to a lot of memories. Small things that trigger a lot of times gone by and places I've been. I decided to make th...
Lest you think this is where I am now, this day was actually back on November 14, 2012. Our Rhine & Danube River Cruise. Yes, I am a bit...
Caught up in doing my Project Life, just not caught up in posting here. It's a good feeling!
This and that... 1. If I had a bathroom mainly used by boys or a man I think I'd do this. In fact, I might just use it if I ever decid...