It's hard to think how much computers have changed over the past decade or so, but I had the newest and bestest that the State government could provide. Kind of laughable now, isn't it.
The building I am in was just renovated back in 2000 and that barren,
cold room warmed up quite a bit in the coming months. We soon brought in
quite a few incandescent lamps and never turned those ceiling
florescents on again during the 10 years I worked there. The drapes and
paintings came a bit later as well as the few pieces of upholstered
One of the nicest things about this office, in addition to the view of the State House out the window with the flag, was that all the windows opened. As spring came, we loved having fresh air come in though we soon learned to keep papers on those deep window sills weighted down.
But this was in December 2000, just a few days until the start of the 2001 General Assembly in January. It was a time of promise both professionally and personally for me. I was right...there were many good things ahead.
- ► 2018 (68)
- ► 2017 (147)
- ► 2016 (206)
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- Time for a Break
- Wordless Wednesday: He Captures Her Capturing...
- Treavel with Me Tuesday - Down Memory Lane
- AAM Monday - 365 week 4
- 5 Fact Friday - January 25, 2013
- Travel with Me Thursday - Rudesheim
- Wordless Wednesday: My Kind of Men
- Trevel with Me Tuesday - On to Rudesheim
- AAM Project 365 Week 3
- Hail to the Chief!
- Flashback Friday: Is that a Computer?
- Texture Time on Thursday
- Wordless Wednesday: It's not the Destination
- Travel with Me Tuesday Cologne
- AAM - 365 wk 2
- Oh Those "Flaming Green Pickles"
- Curve a Photo in PSE Tutorial
- 5 Fact Friday - January 11, 2013
- A Week at at Time
- Wordless Wednesday: Oh So Good
- Travel With Me Tuesday January 8, 2013
- Simply Sunday - 2013 January 6
- Wrapping up Project Life - 2012
- Flashback Friday: California Dreamin'
- Wordless Wednesday: Misty Morning in N'awlins
- Tuesday Tutorial - PSE Key LInes, Encore une Fois
- ▼ January (26)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (340)
I have my books noted on line but I realized I tend to forget what it is I watched on tv. Most days, I am on my computer a lot but do take t...
I was taking a bit of a blog break recently with lots of visiting with family and friends. So a couple of weeks of Project Life here. Hope y...
fron On Sutton Place
SEPTEMBER 11, 2001 "They landed with such force, according to an eyewitness who was watching along with New York's mayor, Rud...
Don't ask me where the time has gone. I feel like I've been in a bit of a fog lately no doubt by the World Cup but then also by the ...
A week that involved a lot of visiting to and fro. It became a busy week with not so much else going on but isn't that a typical sum...
as seen on this Instagram account
Week sixteen started out as a chilly rainy Sunday but one that was fun. The rest of my week involved time at the Washington Retreat Cen...
So even though the policy is rescinded, I still ask WWJD with so many of 45's policies. Seriously? Pence? This is the spirit of ...
This is not quite a tutorial today, but rather a where-to-find. I believe I had this screensaver on a former computer. However, having h...