It's hard to think how much computers have changed over the past decade or so, but I had the newest and bestest that the State government could provide. Kind of laughable now, isn't it.
The building I am in was just renovated back in 2000 and that barren,
cold room warmed up quite a bit in the coming months. We soon brought in
quite a few incandescent lamps and never turned those ceiling
florescents on again during the 10 years I worked there. The drapes and
paintings came a bit later as well as the few pieces of upholstered
One of the nicest things about this office, in addition to the view of the State House out the window with the flag, was that all the windows opened. As spring came, we loved having fresh air come in though we soon learned to keep papers on those deep window sills weighted down.
But this was in December 2000, just a few days until the start of the 2001 General Assembly in January. It was a time of promise both professionally and personally for me. I was right...there were many good things ahead.
- ► 2015 (163)
- ► 2014 (217)
- Time for a Break
- Wordless Wednesday: He Captures Her Capturing...
- Treavel with Me Tuesday - Down Memory Lane
- AAM Monday - 365 week 4
- 5 Fact Friday - January 25, 2013
- Travel with Me Thursday - Rudesheim
- Wordless Wednesday: My Kind of Men
- Trevel with Me Tuesday - On to Rudesheim
- AAM Project 365 Week 3
- Hail to the Chief!
- Flashback Friday: Is that a Computer?
- Texture Time on Thursday
- Wordless Wednesday: It's not the Destination
- Travel with Me Tuesday Cologne
- AAM - 365 wk 2
- Oh Those "Flaming Green Pickles"
- Curve a Photo in PSE Tutorial
- 5 Fact Friday - January 11, 2013
- A Week at at Time
- Wordless Wednesday: Oh So Good
- Travel With Me Tuesday January 8, 2013
- Simply Sunday - 2013 January 6
- Wrapping up Project Life - 2012
- Flashback Friday: California Dreamin'
- Wordless Wednesday: Misty Morning in N'awlins
- Tuesday Tutorial - PSE Key LInes, Encore une Fois
- ▼ January (26)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (336)
My first day of the trip involved a lot of the logistics. Leave Maryland, arrive in Albuquerque New Mexico, get my luggage, get to the car r...
found on Instagram
Sadly, for me, what I thought were 6x8 page protectors were in fact 6x8 but for 3 images. Bummer. Nonetheless, I proceeded to make the pages...
1. Pope Francis is here. May his love continue to inspire us and remind us that God, any god or variation you understand, is totally inclus...
We arrived in Thailand in January 1976. A culture and climate change to be sure after 7 years in England and several months in Maryland for ...
My reason for going north to Pueblo, CO was on the recommendation of a friend. She had seen a chiropractor who also did muscle testing and r...
While in Ocean City last week, I also found an 'official' Becky Higgins 6x8 album I liked a lot. Seafoam (?) Green and even on sa...
Bit by bit I've worked on this while on vacation. My method was to transcribe all my daily journaling to the computer - eventually! Then...
After the crowds as I drove into Taos, I decided I really didn't want to do much of anything on this day and definitely not 'go shop...