It's hard to think how much computers have changed over the past decade or so, but I had the newest and bestest that the State government could provide. Kind of laughable now, isn't it.
The building I am in was just renovated back in 2000 and that barren,
cold room warmed up quite a bit in the coming months. We soon brought in
quite a few incandescent lamps and never turned those ceiling
florescents on again during the 10 years I worked there. The drapes and
paintings came a bit later as well as the few pieces of upholstered
One of the nicest things about this office, in addition to the view of the State House out the window with the flag, was that all the windows opened. As spring came, we loved having fresh air come in though we soon learned to keep papers on those deep window sills weighted down.
But this was in December 2000, just a few days until the start of the 2001 General Assembly in January. It was a time of promise both professionally and personally for me. I was right...there were many good things ahead.
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- Time for a Break
- Wordless Wednesday: He Captures Her Capturing...
- Treavel with Me Tuesday - Down Memory Lane
- AAM Monday - 365 week 4
- 5 Fact Friday - January 25, 2013
- Travel with Me Thursday - Rudesheim
- Wordless Wednesday: My Kind of Men
- Trevel with Me Tuesday - On to Rudesheim
- AAM Project 365 Week 3
- Hail to the Chief!
- Flashback Friday: Is that a Computer?
- Texture Time on Thursday
- Wordless Wednesday: It's not the Destination
- Travel with Me Tuesday Cologne
- AAM - 365 wk 2
- Oh Those "Flaming Green Pickles"
- Curve a Photo in PSE Tutorial
- 5 Fact Friday - January 11, 2013
- A Week at at Time
- Wordless Wednesday: Oh So Good
- Travel With Me Tuesday January 8, 2013
- Simply Sunday - 2013 January 6
- Wrapping up Project Life - 2012
- Flashback Friday: California Dreamin'
- Wordless Wednesday: Misty Morning in N'awlins
- Tuesday Tutorial - PSE Key LInes, Encore une Fois
- ▼ January (26)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
All about finally letting go... A foot note to this story is that a few months after giving Janie the tin of buttons, she returned t...
I saw this on a couple of other blogs and I thought it would help me sort out some of my own thoughts. Outside my window... It's over...
not any more
caught mid laugh
In having a week out west, this week is out of synch as Week 22 may get regular layouts or not. I'm still up in the air about that and w...
One day I will find out why some of the German cities are 'burgs' and some of them are 'bergs'. I think I got them rig...
When we were starting with the renovation in 2003 we had a new refrigerator, a temporary island that had the new cooktop and two of our fi...
San Angelo Texas. We were married and so were our friends Kelly and Sandy Meadows. This day was the wedding of our mutual friends Carl a...
Finishing up the day in Passau for me, it was a town I liked a lot. I wonder what it is like now after those terrible floods. Is ...
An interesting week.... 1. So you know when you put books on hold at the library? well it does seem to be feast or famine. I'm now in ...