It's hard to think how much computers have changed over the past decade or so, but I had the newest and bestest that the State government could provide. Kind of laughable now, isn't it.
The building I am in was just renovated back in 2000 and that barren,
cold room warmed up quite a bit in the coming months. We soon brought in
quite a few incandescent lamps and never turned those ceiling
florescents on again during the 10 years I worked there. The drapes and
paintings came a bit later as well as the few pieces of upholstered
One of the nicest things about this office, in addition to the view of the State House out the window with the flag, was that all the windows opened. As spring came, we loved having fresh air come in though we soon learned to keep papers on those deep window sills weighted down.
But this was in December 2000, just a few days until the start of the 2001 General Assembly in January. It was a time of promise both professionally and personally for me. I was right...there were many good things ahead.
- ► 2014 (208)
- Time for a Break
- Wordless Wednesday: He Captures Her Capturing...
- Treavel with Me Tuesday - Down Memory Lane
- AAM Monday - 365 week 4
- 5 Fact Friday - January 25, 2013
- Travel with Me Thursday - Rudesheim
- Wordless Wednesday: My Kind of Men
- Trevel with Me Tuesday - On to Rudesheim
- AAM Project 365 Week 3
- Hail to the Chief!
- Flashback Friday: Is that a Computer?
- Texture Time on Thursday
- Wordless Wednesday: It's not the Destination
- Travel with Me Tuesday Cologne
- AAM - 365 wk 2
- Oh Those "Flaming Green Pickles"
- Curve a Photo in PSE Tutorial
- 5 Fact Friday - January 11, 2013
- A Week at at Time
- Wordless Wednesday: Oh So Good
- Travel With Me Tuesday January 8, 2013
- Simply Sunday - 2013 January 6
- Wrapping up Project Life - 2012
- Flashback Friday: California Dreamin'
- Wordless Wednesday: Misty Morning in N'awlins
- Tuesday Tutorial - PSE Key LInes, Encore une Fois
- ▼ January (26)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (336)
So much of my life recently has been concerned with the upcoming surgery. It's amazing what a time suck that has been but I do go to be ...
Trying to get a bunch of loose ends caught up here today and then pack my hospital suitcase. The only thing I am not looking forward to is b...
This Week in the Life project may become bogged down as I have so many things I want to get done before hospital time. I really don't k...
Many things to be thankful so far today but I picked the first thought I had this am.
And yes, it's my mistake. That album is called Sonic Highways .
This is going to be made into a 6" printed book since so many of the days this month will find me in the hospital and a rehab. I a...
This is a photo of my dh back 53 years ago. He was 23 then and apparently home from college in Detroit. I look at the room and it makes me t...
Life continues, still a bit slowly, round here. Each day sees more knee recovery but only if I notice things. My mood has improved greatly ...
There is a bit of Christmas showing round our house. Not a lot but enough to make it feel a bit festive. We have our skinny old kitchen tree...