Monday, December 10, 2012

AAM Monday -Them Bones, Them Bones

Well this Monday is starting off with a visit to the Doctor. I go quarterly to have the results of my bloodwork read. I can't say my diet has been that good over the past four months, nor has there been any exercise. Once my torn Achilles tendon healed, I was able to deal with my knee pain. That turned out to be a torn meniscus (what the heck was that I wondered?). It turns out to be the gel like substance that is between the bones in the knee.

these are younger legs than mine

Well mine is not between the bones, rather it has pushed out to the side and is torn in addition. Oh joy...This means I have bone hitting bone and sometimes that sure ain't fun. Cortisone shots have helped but the next option is knee surgery. I'm not anxious to go there but at the same time, while I am no great lover of exercise, I have to acknowledge I do feel better when I do exercise. Mostly when I'm done but I had come to the point of almost...almost...looking forward to it the mornings I went to the gym. You know the bennies...increased energy, a feeling of accomplishment, a steadying of the scale numbers, fewer food cravings. Sigh. I once had those but then even walking much started to hurt.

Well, today my doctor and I will have our periodic chat. She is one to say...Well, Maureen...do you think you could try x, y or z??? in a kind, Quaker type of voice. I mentally roll my eyes, and mostly say yes. I don't know what today will bring but I'll try to say yes.

1 comment:

CameoRoze said...

Good luck, Maureen. I had my quarterly visit recently, so know the minor anxiety that causes when I'm not too sure how well I've done. I'm sorry you're in pain. I hope your doctor can give you some non-eye-rolling advice that will help.

Blog Archive

Popular Posts