Thursday, November 22, 2012

Tired but Thankful

After a nearly three week trip in Europe, I have come home tired and hopefully getting over a respiratory infection. I've spent the days since landing back in the US sleeping, dozing, reading and sleeping. Doses of cough syrup have replaced food which is probably a very good thing considering how much we ate on our trip. I was grateful to have only gained 2+pounds in that time!

However we knew we'd be too tired to really do much for Thanksgiving, with an arrival  back in the US late Monday night. I had realized that there was no way to defrost a turkey in the two days so I bought a turkey before we left, cooked it and froze the mostly leftovers after having a October turkey dinner. It may take most of my energy today to go get it out of the freezer and make some other things to go with it but that's ok. Trust me, it won't be much else!


But today I truly am thankful...

I have a roof over my head, food to eat, people who love me, in fact all my needs are certainly met. I expect that in a few more days my health will be back to normal and that too is a real blessing.

I hope your day is filled with gratitude for what is ...and if includes a turkey dinner all the better!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

1 comment:

radish38 said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too. Where is the photo taken? We are having twelve for dinner so two pies.

Blog Archive

Popular Posts